• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MordecuS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Mooresville
    I don't want anyone to miss out on shooting these fine firearms.

I have a few thousand rounds of the Winchester 333 bulk packs. I believe they are the same as the 555 pack rounds. They are 36 grain, HP, copper plated rounds. I'll sell them to those that need them for NFA Weekend for $15/box of 333. I will sell up to 10 boxes to 10 INGOers who are coming to NFA Weekend. (I'm not looking to sell them to folks who intend to turn around and sell them to others. I want you turn most of them right away into noise, smoke, and grins. :))
    You can pay me when we meet on NFA Weekend.

If you still have any boxes, could I please reserve one?

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I am trying to figure out how this will all work...

Are there multiple guys on the firing line slinging lead at the same time or is it one guy at a time?

Here is what I have packed up but can add or subtract where needed. I'd sure hate to run out prematurely. ;)

9mm - 250 rounds
    .223 - 200 rounds all brass. Maybe its a good idea to go buy it in steel and save my brass??
    7.62 - 120 rounds
    12 gauge Slugs - 15 rounds
    12 gauge shot shells - 25 rounds
    .45 ACP - 100 rounds
    .22LR - 333 rounds + 100 subsonic
    8mm mauser - 50 rounds

I have more of these calibers available...

Is this a good amount of ammo?

I might pick up a few more boxes of 7.62.

Last edited:

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Based on the below, I believe the Winchester M-22 should do just fine. A 40 grain plated projectile and ~1200 fps that they say was designed for modern sporting rifles. I picked up 2000 rounds so we'll find out. I also believe that these are available at most gander mountain locations on Fridays. Supposedly they have been getting regular shipments but it disappears quickly. A couple weeks ago they had plenty of 9mm 115 grain, .40, .45, and many different rifle rounds and this was on a Saturday.

This particular upper has a 4.75” barrel so it prefers high velocity .22lr with a heavy projectile. Plated projectiles keeps the gun running more reliably for a longer period of time between cleanings due to the reduction of lead fouling. Furthermore, using plated projectiles yields a reduction in the coefficient of friction when pushing the cartridge up the feed ramps. The plating also reduces the amount of lead particulate that gets into the suppressor thus reducing the duration between cleanings of the can. The other factor is powder charge consistency of ammo manufacturers. As seen in the video below (note that this was filmed at a range that did not permit full auto, hence the semi auto only), the Remington golden bullet .22 value pack ammunition lacks powder charge consistency. A few will be under charged and will not cycle the gun (as seen in the beginning), and a few will be over charged resulting in a more noisy ballistic crack from the projectile braking the sound barrier (Note 90% of all high velocity ammo from various mfgs will be subsonic out of this upper).

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    I am trying to figure out how this will all work...

Are there multiple guys on the firing line slinging lead at the same time or is it one guy at a time?

Here is what I have packed up but can add or subtract where needed. I'd sure hate to run out prematurely. ;)

9mm - 250 rounds
    .223 - 200 rounds all brass. Maybe its a good idea to go buy it in steel and save my brass??
    7.62 - 120 rounds
    12 gauge Slugs - 15 rounds
    12 gauge shot shells - 25 rounds
    .45 ACP - 100 rounds
    .22LR - 333 rounds + 100 subsonic
    8mm mauser - 50 rounds

I have more of these calibers available...

Is this a good amount of ammo?

I might pick up a few more boxes of 7.62.

We will be running three shooting lanes (we might have the MG42 in its own dedicated lane), each with an RO overseeing it.

-- While the range is hot, individuals can look at the firearms available on all the tables.
    -- When you decide on one you want to shoot, you ask the owner/vendor for a magazine.
    -- You go to your range bag and load the magazine and return to the line.
    -- When it's your turn, the owner/vendor will get the firearm and review its function with you pointing out the safety and any peculiarities in the gun's operation. Then you're free to fire away!

As to your ammo list, I think you're on the high side of OK. (Which is were I like to be.) You'll likely take some ammo home, but you don't have so much extra that you've created a packing burden for yourself.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Based on the below, I believe the Winchester M-22 should do just fine. A 40 grain plated projectile and ~1200 fps that they say was designed for modern sporting rifles. I picked up 2000 rounds so we'll find out. I also believe that these are available at most gander mountain locations on Fridays. Supposedly they have been getting regular shipments but it disappears quickly. A couple weeks ago they had plenty of 9mm 115 grain, .40, .45, and many different rifle rounds and this was on a Saturday.

Yep, Winchester M-22 works great as well.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Since there appear to be a lot of similar guns, how are we keeping the mags straight? Should I label the mags I'm bringing for my MAC and its various uppers? I'm thinking more for the AR platforms (and hopefully my SABRE upper which uses AR mags).

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Aszerigan, I'll take a belt of the 8mm for Saturday!

I'll be bringing 7.62x39 I have over 1000 rounds of steel cased, so bartering is a possibility ;)
    200 or so rounds of 9mm
    I should have a couple of boxes of .22LR to play.
    I'm going to try and get a few boxes of .223 or 5.56
    I may pick up some .40 or .45

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Since there appear to be a lot of similar guns, how are we keeping the mags straight? Should I label the mags I'm bringing for my MAC and its various uppers? I'm thinking more for the AR platforms (and hopefully my SABRE upper which uses AR mags).

I think that is a stellar idea!
    Surprisingly, with all the gear that is hauled down and back up each year, we've not had anything of consequence lost. There are usually a few lost and found items, but they eventually find their way back to the right owners. Your labels will help keep the mags out of the lost and found.

Is there going to be any food signup threads? I think there was one last year.

I will be working on the food list in the next few days. Expect to see a pitch-in thread posted for Saturday and one for Sunday.

This is going to sound odd, but will I be able to take home a piece of brass from the new guns I fire at the event? I collect all the calibers I fire, and I just want to make sure I'll be able to add to my collection that weekend.

Although this is a 'lost brass*' event Exodus, by all means, you may collect your souvenir brass cases!

*Lost Brass means that the range keeps the brass that hits the ground. I often sell cleaned brass casings and scrap brass to help offset some of the costs of hosting NFA Weekend. If you have steel cased ammo, you are welcome to shoot that as well. :yesway:

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Although this is a 'lost brass*' event Exodus, by all means, you may collect your souvenir brass cases!

*Lost Brass means that the range keeps the brass that hits the ground. I often sell cleaned brass casings and scrap brass to help offset some of the costs of hosting NFA Weekend. If you have steel cased ammo, you are welcome to shoot that as well. :yesway:
    Great! I figured I'd ask before I did so

Also, I've seen some people talking about not being able to find 7.62x39. If you have extra 9mm, I'd be willing to trade! I have two boxes of 9, but would like to have one more box of 50.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    I've got 200rds of 115gr 9mm. Couldn't find 147gr in my searches. I would gladly trade some of this 115gr for some 147gr. :)

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    391   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've got a list of everyone that requested belts. I'll have them set aside for people to pay. Please approach me before noon on your selected day to verify you want your ammo.

Top Bottom