NWI, North of US-30
    timthumb.php

HKFaninCarmel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 7, 2019
    Carmel
    I joined the Virginia Citizens Defense League. Good group doing great things. They’re slammed
    right now and could use every penny.

I wish it was easier to get in and out of Richmond in a day. I know people going from other parts. We need a chartered plane or something.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This was passed out of fear.

Do you remember when we were children if we did something wrong we tried everything to cover it up and hide what we did out of fear of the spanking that was sure to follow?

This law is exactly what they are doing. They know their agenda is wrong and they will get punished for it. In 4 years I see Virginia going Red again.

The landscape has changed in Virginia, perhaps more than you think. It’s not the case that people in VA just thought they’d try out democrats this time around. It’s not a fad. There has been an influx of immigrants in the suburban areas around the dense population centers in VA, especially the counties surrounding DC. Mostly from India, but other areas of the world too, and they tend to vote Democrat, and they think ordinary citizens owning firearms is crazy.

Maybe there are enough people who don’t usually vote, who might be motivated to vote because of the bat**** crazy legislators. But if the trend continues, it’s pretty much a blue state now.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I have said that before Jamil it seems the popular thing is grab your smoke pole and head to Richmond. I guess to hang out with Alex Jones and Antifa for Charlottesville part2 the "lobby day incident"
    I have a feeling this is going to set the 2AD movement back many years. I hope I am wrong but it seems that this is looking like a recipe for disaster more than anything.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Policy says everyone EXCEPT LAWMAKERS must go through a metal detector.

Right...……

Don

Grant County courthouse has been that way for years. Lawyers and regular attendees just walk by. I go in and I ping the detector and have to lift my pants and my shirt. Everyone should have to go thru the thing, or nobody should.

Guess if I was in court all the time they would let me pass, but I would rather not be in court all the time.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I have said that before Jamil it seems the popular thing is grab your smoke pole and head to Richmond. I guess to hang out with Alex Jones and Antifa for Charlottesville part2 the "lobby day incident"
    I have a feeling this is going to set the 2AD movement back many years. I hope I am wrong but it seems that this is looking like a recipe for disaster more than anything.

You keep saying this, and I don't necessarily disagree. Unfortunately the most ardent 2A supporters tend to play into the gun banner's stereotypical view of "gun nuts". The fringe alt right showing up won't help.

But what would advance the 2A movement? The MSM has their narrative and the story will be the same regardless. They will never give this fair coverage. Half the crowd could be transgendered black midgets protesting for 2A rights and they would ignore it.

The biggest advancement of gun rights over the last two decades have happened in individual states. This is a continuation of those efforts. Part of the reason it's gotten so much pub, is that it's a state that's in closer proximity to major media centers so it's easier for those lazy bastards to cover. They have a disdain for middle America, but this is just a short trip away from DC, so they're more willing to cover it.

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    When you look at percentage of people voting in America, 20 to 30 percent of the population in local elections.

It reminds me of the quote

"Life Is Hard, Even Harder If You're Stupid"

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    To advance the 2AD movement would take a reasoned argument that combines the right to self defense, sport, and personal responsibility. Gun laws don’t effect lawful people Indiana has gun laws how many INGO members are facing charges because of gun laws? Not saying we or anyone need more regulation it displays the difference in the population when you look at IL gun laws vs IN laws. So like Jamil has stated VA is now a blue state and a blue population with the government that a blue state has.

This forum is a echo chamber we as a group are ardent 2AD supporters and tend to associate with others of our type. It IMO takes listening to non supporters of the 2AD and understanding why they have formed that opinion and how you can have a effective positive change. Some have a dislike of the 2AD and it’s supporters it’s ingrained in personal values nobody can change that some are just uninformed that can be changed.

The stereotype of a anti government loon that’s in a bunker plotting the overthrow of the government or the next mass shooting is what’s hurting the movement. In the current crisis in VA a few thousand people showing up looking for a fight are more than likely gonna find it Antifa and left wing groups will be in attendance as well.

A strong NRA with effective lobbying power is key in the support of the 2AD movement right now we have a NRA that is of dubious value at best.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    It IMO takes listening to non supporters of the 2AD and understanding why they have formed that opinion and how you can have a effective positive change. Some have a dislike of the 2AD and it’s supporters it’s ingrained in personal values nobody can change that some are just uninformed that can be changed.

The stereotype of a anti government loon that’s in a bunker plotting the overthrow of the government or the next mass shooting is what’s hurting the movement. In the current crisis in VA a few thousand people showing up looking for a fight are more than likely gonna find it Antifa and left wing groups will be in attendance as well.

A strong NRA with effective lobbying power is key in the support of the 2AD movement right now we have a NRA that is of dubious value at best.

Participation of responsible gun-owning activities with local organizations goes a long way to achieve this objective.

I am trying to figure out a better way, but this is the best I got. Nobody is putting "I like guns" advertisements or PSAs on TV.

One of our biggest advocates is Hollywood, which is ironic because it is also one of our worst enemies. Hollywood isn't going to give up guns in movies because so many Americans think gun-play is cool.

Our best hope is to get the kids/parents that are caught up in the cool factor involved with local organizations where instruction and safety can be emphasized. The chaotic fear factor is also driving people to acquire firearms that have never owned them before. They need places to go to build experience and knowledge.

We can hope to keep buying politicians through lobbying organizations but this seems like a losing battle. Politicians are like beer. You can't own them, you just rent them for a little while. Throwing millions of dollars into a lobbying organization gets us what? What did we get? Corruption, confrontation, confusion, more lost ground?

Anti 2A positions are an ideology, ghosts, illusions and wishful thinking. Their arguments are based upon feelings and fears. We are not going to win this struggle by hoping legislators are going to fix things for us but we will lose the rights we have by legislators giving in to base fears of inexperienced people who have been conditioned to fear the unknown and the what-ifs.

I believe that we (gun owners) want to imagine a world of respectful people, with integrity and honor, that understand and accept the responsibilities of firearms ownership. Unfortunately, that probably isn't going to happen. We are outnumbered by non gun owners and frequently I wonder about the true level of responsibility of some in our own community.

Every time there is another mass shooting or another record weekend on the south side of Chicago we lose. For every idiot that shoots themselves in the face or every child killed in a "I thought it was unloaded" moment we lose.

We have fallen behind in our cultural messaging. The only way we can stop the slide is to educate as many people as possible that every time an AR is loaded a schoolyard full of children don't die. The only way to do that is with experience at the range.

I wonder if what we are seeing in VA indicates we might be too late.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm glad to see Rex calming down and talking good sense on this thing...

[video=youtube;IAUlNC1-NmI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAUlNC1-NmI[/video]

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Na i think its very good whats happening lately. Seeing not just regular men and women stand up at city council meetings and testify that they will refuse to obey any unjust gun ban and turn in their guns, but also seeing UNIFORMED LEO'S Stand up and not only say they will refuse to enforce such laws but CLEARLY defining what the 2nd amendment is about, and it isn't huntin and fishin. Its for the people to always maintain the power to abolish or change their form of government if that government becomes destructive. That is our LAW. It is the very foundation of this republic and what makes this government so much different than any other in human history. The power truly lies with the people and as an armed populous always ensures that power is maintained. A balance.
    No one in their right mind wants things to come to that final option our founders enshrined. It means we have failed.
    I think/hope when these democrats in VA and across the country look out the windows of their cushy offices and on their TV's, and they see the THOUSANDS of pissed off Patriots (regular Americans, moms, dads, cops, firefighters, lawyers, clerks, fast food workers, factory workers, teachers, etc) flexing their right to free speech AND the 2nd amendment in order to prevent unconstitutional laws being passed, that those democrats and any other politicians will pause and reconsider whether it is wise to go down that road. I really hope they see that it is NOT just a bunch of rednecks or hillbillies, its people that vote and that they meet every day in their communities. Its their neighbors who will not tolerate these gun laws period and they are willing to lay it all on the line if forced down the road to stop it.
    In VA, the time for being polite has passed.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This just came across my feed. I’m not vouching for it and don’t know anything about the source but it’s out there.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com...ency-as-virginia-counties-threaten-to-secede/
    I think this is a great way to handle things too. But Richmond democrats arent going to just sit back and watch half or over half of their state and revenue become west virginia. If it stayed peaceful it would play out in the courts for years.
    I dont think its the quick solution to this 2A problem. Democrats are doing everything they can to speed up these gun grab bills. I think the protest on the 20th is the VA peoples last peaceful attempt to change the democrats mind. The democrats seem to think they have the power over their citizens. The VA citizens are ready to issue a reminder. We will see how it plays out.

Top Bottom