• ...and so much more!
  • BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have VZ grips on all of my 1911's I like the super scoop which makes the mag release easy to get to. I have small hands so the super scoop is great for me. IMO You cant go wrong with VZ grips.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    I was just sure after seeing your screen name that it was going to be a stainless raptor II. Love that pistol. My dad has one.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Pretty much everything except the frame and slide. No, I'm not joking.

My Kimbers are among the few 1911s that I've not done a thing to internally except for recoil spring replacement. With the last replacement, I switched to a flat wire spring in my Kimber Compact to extend the spring life. Short 1911s tend to go through springs faster than the bigger ones.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2015
    Cincy
    My Kimbers are among the few 1911s that I've not done a thing to internally except for recoil spring replacement. With the last replacement, I switched to a flat wire spring in my Kimber Compact to extend the spring life. Short 1911s tend to go through springs faster than the bigger ones.

Except for ones that are engineered properly.... Dan Wesson ECO.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Except for ones that are engineered properly.... Dan Wesson ECO.

I'm not seeing anything on the ECO having a better recoil spring setup than Kimber does. My CCO has a short guide rod and standard plug and shipped from the factory with Wolff springs. From what I'm seeing on other forums, Dan Wesson owners are opting for the same spring change interval in their short 1911s as are Kimber owners. If anything, the Kimbers seem to have a bit better engineering in the recoil spring department on the short 1911s, not worse. My Kimber Ultra had dual recoil springs. I don't know why you are so intent on :poop: on another users experience, but at least come at it with fact, not folklore.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2015
    Cincy
    I'm not seeing anything on the ECO having a better recoil spring setup than Kimber does. My CCO has a short guide rod and standard plug and shipped from the factory with Wolff springs. From what I'm seeing on other forums, Dan Wesson owners are opting for the same spring change interval in their short 1911s as are Kimber owners. If anything, the Kimbers seem to have a bit better engineering in the recoil spring department on the short 1911s, not worse. My Kimber Ultra had dual recoil springs. I don't know why you are so intent on :poop: on another users experience, but at least come at it with fact, not folklore.

You need glasses. The only thing Kimber has better engineered than anyone else is their glossy magazine adds. You want facts? I give you facts. Fact one... MIMbers and their owners are easy to :poop: on because their owners think with them being so "expensive" and with all the advertising claiming how they make the "world's finest 1911 pistol" they are high end 1911s. Fact two... Direct from the CZ-USA website in regards to the ECO recoil system
    "The recoil system is quite unique for this style of 1911 as we use a solid, one piece guide rod and a flat recoil spring that is rated for 15,000 rounds in .45 ACP. That is 15,000 rounds! Not 500 rounds like most 1911 dual recoil systems are rated for."

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You need glasses. The only thing Kimber has better engineered than anyone else is their glossy magazine adds. You want facts? I give you facts. Fact one... MIMbers and their owners are easy to :poop: on because their owners think with them being so "expensive" and with all the advertising claiming how they make the "world's finest 1911 pistol" they are high end 1911s. Fact two... Direct from the CZ-USA website in regards to the ECO recoil system
    "The recoil system is quite unique for this style of 1911 as we use a solid, one piece guide rod and a flat recoil spring that is rated for 15,000 rounds in .45 ACP. That is 15,000 rounds! Not 500 rounds like most 1911 dual recoil systems are rated for."

Dude, get over yourself. A flat wire recoil spring is nothing new. My Sig 1911s come with those and for $50, I installed one on my Kimber. My Dan Wesson CCO came with a standard short guide rod and music wire spring. Dan Wesson makes a great pistol, but you pay for that greatness. Just because you think that you bought an upscale pistol is no reason to be an asshat in this thread. Let's keep it positive and if you have nothing good to say, please move on to another thread where you can offer a positive comment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2015
    Cincy
    Dude, get over yourself. A flat wire recoil spring is nothing new. My Sig 1911s come with those and for $50, I installed one on my Kimber. My Dan Wesson CCO came with a standard short guide rod and music wire spring. Dan Wesson makes a great pistol, but you pay for that greatness. Just because you think that you bought an upscale pistol is no reason to be an asshat in this thread. Let's keep it positive and if you have nothing good to say, please move on to another thread where you can offer a positive comment.

Your CCO is a Commander slide on an Officer frame. Commander length 1911s are not known to be troublesome and usually come with a traditional recoil system like the CCO does. Apples to Oranges comparing a Commander to an Officer recoil system. You obviously aren't that knowledgable about the differences between 1911 models. You should study up more before posting and exposing your ignorance of the topic. Congrats to the OP on his new Kimber. Good luck with it.... you'll need it.

Top Bottom