• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Lol it's ok. I like the opinions. I am learning a lot.

Well this isn't my opinion but my experience. I have owned three Kimbers (2 series II and 1 pre series II, (1) was a 5" barrel, (1) a 4" barrel, & (1) a 3" barrel) and all three have been excellent guns with zero issues. Still have two of them and the only reason I sold the one (the 3 incher) was to a buddy who begged me enough and promised to sell it back to me that I agreed to it (but still regret it).

You got sweet gun, enjoy it!!

raptor0443

Plinker
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Oct 19, 2013
    Fishers
    Yeah I am enjoying it a lot!!! Only issue I'm having is with the mag sticking and having to pull it out of the gun instead of it popping out on its own when I release it.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Your CCO is a Commander slide on an Officer frame. Commander length 1911s are not known to be troublesome and usually come with a traditional recoil system like the CCO does. Apples to Oranges comparing a Commander to an Officer recoil system. You obviously aren't that knowledgable about the differences between 1911 models. You should study up more before posting and exposing your ignorance of the topic. Congrats to the OP on his new Kimber. Good luck with it.... you'll need it.

dontfeed

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At least your grips will be reliable.

So, you have one of the absolute worst pistols made and it is your Home Defense gun and you are crapping on this members Kimber....seriously.

In the short time you have been in the Forum you have seriously irritated several long term members and called one of my personal friends a Kimber nut hugger.

You are not laying down a solid foundation in here.

There is so much I could say about your Hi-point but that is not what we are about.

I am no Kimber fan as is well documented but if he (OP) likes his new gun then good on him.

Same with your Hi-point.

Take a pill and step off.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Don't waste your breath on this guy CM, he's just a lot of bad energy. Each of his posts seems to be crafted to generate controversy and I don't imagine any are really legitimate. Even his screen name stands for ruining the ground for those to come later. I'm not sure if he's a past banned member, anti-gunner or what, but his time here has largely been spent trying to stir up negative emotion. I got caught up in it before I realized that he is the worst kind of a troll. I've blocked him and am getting back to the reason we are here.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Don't waste your breath on this guy CM, he's just a lot of bad energy. Each of his posts seems to be crafted to generate controversy and I don't imagine any are really legitimate. Even his screen name stands for ruining the ground for those to come later. I'm not sure if he's a past banned member, anti-gunner or what, but his time here has largely been spent trying to stir up negative emotion. I got caught up in it before I realized that he is the worst kind of a troll. I've blocked him and am getting back to the reason we are here.

Just a warning shot across the bow.
    Enter into civil discourse or step off.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I'm not seeing anything on the ECO having a better recoil spring setup than Kimber does. My CCO has a short guide rod and standard plug and shipped from the factory with Wolff springs. From what I'm seeing on other forums, Dan Wesson owners are opting for the same spring change interval in their short 1911s as are Kimber owners. If anything, the Kimbers seem to have a bit better engineering in the recoil spring department on the short 1911s, not worse. My Kimber Ultra had dual recoil springs. I don't know why you are so intent on :poop: on another users experience, but at least come at it with fact, not folklore.

tX2X2dWh.jpg

The DW recoil spring set up is on the top with the Kimbers on bottom, I only switch Commander and Government model recoil springs out personally.

Top Bottom