• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 6, 2024
    Greencastle
    Really depends on the purpose of the weapon. For instance, I bought the 40 years ago, but I've developed an idpa lust so I'm looking for a 34. The 40 was my woods carry gun for ages and if I had it to do again I'd likely go the same way. Either way long slide pistols are the patricians choice of weaponry.

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    If you were going to buy a long barrel pistol would you rather have a glock 17L or 40 in 10mm?
    Does the 17L ever end? That thing looks like something Jack Nicholson’s Joker would carry.

I like the fact that 40s can have 9mm conversion barrels (Glock 22 and 23). 10mm seems like a lot of hype, since I hear that to many manufacturers don’t load 10mm to be very hot. But whatever makes you happy, then I’m all for it!

1727734258922.jpeg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you were going to buy a long barrel pistol would you rather have a glock 17L or 40 in 10mm?

Whichever you decide, be sure to buy the MOS version.

Optics are a desired option in the modern day. You'll want that option (use a RDS or not,) for yourself and for possible future resale.

Something of note. If you are sure you will be running a RDS, the longer sighting plane of these pistols only benefits iron sights.

Other than a small increase in velocity, the standard barrel legnth of these guns is easier to carry and has the same accuracy as the longer barrel with both having the optic.

:twocents:

Top Bottom