• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.Netto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Elizabethtown, KY
    I paid for this about three weeks ago, and just now had a chance to pick it up Thursday.

I've never owned a 1911 with a traditional blued finish and an adjustable sight. I really like it so far. I've always went with night sights, all black finish, serrations on the front of the slide, etc...So this is definitely a change for me, but a good change......A breath of fresh air :D

DSCN0974600x450.jpg
    DSCN0970600x450.jpg
    DSCN0981600x450.jpg
    DSCN0979600x450.jpg
    DSCN0971600x450.jpg

GMack_1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2009
    Montgomery Co.
    Congrats On Your New Purchase!

Just a word of advice..., be very careful on inserting the slide stop when re-assembling. If the gun has tight tolerances (and it looks like yours does)..., don't force anything..., otherwise you'll mar the bluing with a "rookie mistake"..., that semi-circular indentation that almost always happens. The slide stop plunger (actually, it's the slide stop spring) almost doesn't allow easy re-assembly on a new 1911.

Good luck.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    looks nice but two things stand out that made me very very happy...
    One is the eezox in the photo, glad to see you using it, that stuff is remarkable.
    two is the amount of mags you have there.... always makes for good prep.

J.Netto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Thanks everyone,

I appreciate all the kind words. I haven't put it down since I brought it home. :D

Just a word of advice..., be very careful on inserting the slide stop when re-assembling. If the gun has tight tolerances (and it looks like yours does)..., don't force anything..., otherwise you'll mar the bluing with a "rookie mistake"..., that semi-circular indentation that almost always happens. The slide stop plunger (actually, it's the slide stop spring) almost doesn't allow easy re-assembly on a new 1911.

Thanks,

I think everyone has been guilty of the rookie mistake/idiot mark at least once. Mine was on my first 1911, ten years ago. I learned my lesson...:eek:

very nice, to bad it fell apart on the kitchen table.

:D:D:D

Wow....10 extra WC mags......I see some competitive shooting in your future

Nah, not for about ten years now...3 kids, and no time. I actually bought those Wilson E.T.M.'S back in April, when I bought a Kimber T.L.E. II.

I've always used 47d's, But wanted to try those. So far, I like them a lot. I thought they would add some coolness to the picture :D

Thanks again everyone,

- James

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's really nice. I wish I could afford to pick that many mags up with a new purchase. It looks like a well thought out gun buy. Congrats.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger

Good luck.

I use a small allen wrench to push the detent in before putting the slide stop all the way in. Kind of tricky but not as nerve racking.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom