• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J.Netto

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Always glad to see somebody get their first 1911.
    Thanks but, I bought my first 1911 back around 1998. This was the first one I've bought with a blued finish and adjustable sight.

Oh yeah, sorry for bumping this old thread... I haven't been on in about a month or so :eek:

I've been really busy.

bbbas55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    very nice pictures. next on my list is a 1911... its a mortal sin that the us military is going away from the 1911 and worse of all they are going to melt the surplus down. makes me shiver...

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Nice...looks like a Wilson or a Nighthawk. Both reputable weapons, will work all of the time. Just take care of it. If the bluing wears (and it will), think about some sort of refinishing. I might suggest hardchroming or maybe a Cerakote or DuraCoat finish. However, you shouldn't need to worry about that for some time.

Enjoy!

gabriel515

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    lake county
    Just a word of advice..., be very careful on inserting the slide stop when re-assembling. If the gun has tight tolerances (and it looks like yours does)..., don't force anything..., otherwise you'll mar the bluing with a "rookie mistake"..., that semi-circular indentation that almost always happens. The slide stop plunger (actually, it's the slide stop spring) almost doesn't allow easy re-assembly on a new 1911.

Good luck.
    yeah i know what you menat about the slide stop unfortunately the first time i reassembled my springfield 1911 I put a little mistake into the finish.....oops:n00b:

Top Bottom