• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One thing I know for sure, the NASCAR-Right will never let these lefties get away with treating Joey Logano like this...

native-american-vietnam-veteran-speaks-out-after-maga-hat-wearing-teens.png

:laugh:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You must admit that losing the "good ol' boys" like Martin, Smoke, Gordon, Earnhardts, and southern staples put an end to the traditions and appeal of the races. IF you're into soft drink commercials and such then Nascar has a desirable appeal.

The total lack of colorful personalities in American racing are what's killing it. Sponsorships wanting pretty boys to come to their shareholders meeting and shake hands or to entertain guests in the tent after the track closes for the day.

They don't even have good nicknames any more!

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I wasnt sure if I was the only one. I was watching the Blaze yesterday, saw this and thought, " hey, its Joey Logano wearing a MAGA hat, someones going to ***** a fit."

Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    No offense to NASCAR fans, it's extremely boring to watch. I grew up watching it in the late 60s - mid 70s. Back then, money & profits weren't the worshiped God as it is now. The drivers were down to earth back then, not the hyper-celebrities as they are now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No offense to NASCAR fans, it's extremely boring to watch. I grew up watching it in the late 60s - mid 70s. Back then, money & profits weren't the worshiped God as it is now. The drivers were down to earth back then, not the hyper-celebrities as they are now.

Also the cars were the stars. Folks identified with the Bow tie/blue oval/pentastar etc. Olds and Buick, American motors were all in the pack. Brand loylty. That was a major driving force.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well that race blew. Whatever they are doing is not working.

I think the other downer for me is I dont know anyone any longer. And the new kids coming up, I could care less about.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Didn't watch it.
    Stopped being a fan when NASCAR turned into too much of an over regulated IROC type joke.
    I used to be such a fan. :-(
    Especially of Daytona and Talladega before the days of the rolling under powered traffic jam.
    I'm done.

Last edited:

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I watched a show last night about the Dale Earnhardt and Jeff Gordon rivalry and what it did to elevate the sport and bring it to the forefront in the racing world.
    When Dale was killed Gordon couldn't keep Nascar relevant without Dale. They made the high profile sport that filled the stands.
    Smoke, Dale, Dale, Tim, Jeff, Daryl, Rusty, Michael, The King, Davey and Bobby, Cale, Junior, all gone.
    I don't see a driver or team in Nascar that can keep or develop interest in the sport. Empty Stands should be the new name of the sport. Even the sponsors are fighting a losing battle. They're switching drivers near weekly.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I don't see a driver or team in Nascar that can keep or develop interest in the sport. Empty Stands should be the new name of the sport. Even the sponsors are fighting a losing battle. They're switching drivers near weekly.

I completely agree.

The good ol boys are all gone and have been replaced with white collar, high maintenance, no personality, businessmen types in a racing suit. I miss the days from 20 years ago just waiting for them to interview Ward Burton, I loved listen to him speak. We will not see Ward, Sr., Bill Elliott, Cale or anyone else like them until NASCAR falls on its face and they need to rebuild from the ground up. Just my opinion.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I completely agree.

The good ol boys are all gone and have been replaced with white collar, high maintenance, no personality, businessmen types in a racing suit. I miss the days from 20 years ago just waiting for them to interview Ward Burton, I loved listen to him speak. We will not see Ward, Sr., Bill Elliott, Cale or anyone else like them until NASCAR falls on its face and they need to rebuild from the ground up. Just my opinion.

Same people are now running the series. You would think Bills son would have a clue but nope. He sure did miss out on what was right there to be learned.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When I was a little kid, I really liked NASCAR. One thing that really caught my fancy was that they were racing Chevys and Buicks and Oldsmobiles and Pontiacs and Fords and Mercuries and Plymouth and Dodges...

Now, cars all look alike. Blech.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I watched about 5 laps of the Daytona 500. I am sorry that I lost about 50 minutes of my life. And one of those laps was a big crash with about 10 laps to go.

I see no redeeming qualities in that "sport". Why don't they just make every race 10 laps long and run 4 or 5 races per event? And make them run the cars as is. If you survive and can run at the end you get more points?

Top Bottom