• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The beaver barf is authentic... Take it for what it is. If you dont like it, chuck it aside. But I will rock it... Unless I find a good deal on something.. lol

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    My local ffl wanted to charge 30$ for a transfer, I politely told them no thanks. I went with my old favorite from before I moved. U.S. Defense Solutions. Its only an hour and a half away, the way I drive.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My local ffl wanted to charge 30$ for a transfer, I politely told them no thanks. I went with my old favorite from before I moved. U.S. Defense Solutions. Its only an hour and a half away, the way I drive.

That's who I used for mine too! :yesway: Hard to beat their transfer fee. I'm sure you'll enjoy the VZ. Great little rifles. And you're right, the beaver barf is authentic, but it does get mighty hot, and mighty fast (as you'll find out). Of course on a day like today, that might be a good thing! :):

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Yea, when everyone says the same thing, I have learned to expect it. LOL
    Wonder if I could cut a piece of nomex off and put it between the barrel and hand guard? Bad for the barrel?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yea, when everyone says the same thing, I have learned to expect it. LOL
    Wonder if I could cut a piece of nomex off and put it between the barrel and hand guard? Bad for the barrel?
    I don't know if it would be bad for the barrel or not. It would probably be a pretty tight fit, because there is a metal "heat shield" in there already. If you can do a little dremel/grinder work you may be able to get it to fit. And hey, if you "goof" and mess it up, I still have the old stock set off mine that I would sell! ;)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I will look into it when I get it. Im pretty handy. I might be able to figure something out..

Here's a pretty good video. It shows how to replace the original furniture (and he makes it look easier than mine was), but it will give you a good idea of how to remove your hand guards if you want to try and make the additional nomex heat shield.

[video=youtube;y2WqC7L6Tyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2WqC7L6Tyw[/video]

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you have a beaverbarf stock? Or was your a folder as well? I might be interested in a solid stock.
    Mine was just like yours. Beaver barf handguards and wire side folder stock. I looked into finding a fixed stock and they were kind of pricey. That would have taken care of the discomfort from the folder though. The stock set I put on is a side folder just like in the video. I did like the idea of the folding stock, so I went with that one.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    cool... I will pad the folder, or make it wider if its that bad, and if I dont like that, I will get a matching solid stock. I kinda like the idea of it staying authentic.

Top Bottom