• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Is it the 1911PKZSE model you're looking at? I notice that one has the Make an Offer button on the page. Have you tried using it to get the price you saw listed previously?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What is it with 1911's? Can no one build a good one for the price of a Glock? Maybe that kinda settles the 1911 vs Glock debate. Theres only one brand for a Glock, and at least you KNOW your getting a good gun when you buy one, instead of researching off and on for a couple years, all the hundreds of manufacturers of 1911's, only to end up still confused what brand to buy. Why can no one make a robust, well built copy of a ww2 service pistol that isnt expensive? It's frustrating to the point, I think I'm better off not even buying one of the damn things.

Then don't buy it. They cost more because they are "METAL" and require a lot of machine work and fitting. You are stuck trying to find a "Good" 1911 for Glock prices and it is not going to happen. I was being kind when I posted earlier. My 2 experiences with AO sucked and I will never own another. I have some skills with 1911's and both those guns were way the hell out of spec.
    If you want a 1911 it is going to cost at least $600 to get a decent one. Stay away from the island guns. You have as much of a chance to get a turd as you do one that will run. This is constantly discussed in these threads.
    Buy a Glock. You will not be disappointing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They did the same thing to me about a week ago. I called and they told me they only honor the price for like 4 hours after it expires that's it. So what did I do I ordered the gun from Kentucky Gun Company (Guns For Sale Online - Kentucky Gun Co.) for a lot cheaper. I have order 4 different guns from Buds and it took forever. I order my latest from Kentucky gun and it was at the FFL super quick. Good Luck with your gun hope it works out and you get it cheaper than expected.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^there-ya go^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Consider the ATI GI model 1911....

http://www.americantactical.us

IMG00574.jpg

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    A well made 1911 is a work of the gun crafts art. You can get in on the art for around $600. A Glock cost over $500. It is a tool. It will do the job it was created for. The 1911 was hand fitted by a person that was trained by a person that had dun it before him. How well they do their job will show in the product they produce. The Glock will always be a tool. That isn't taking any thing away from the Glock it is just the way it is. A hundred years from now a Glock will still be a tool and a 1911 will still be a work of the gun craft art.

The Henry rifle is the same way. You can buy the golden boy that is built today. Or you can buy a copy of the original rifle they make. The fit and finish of the golden boy is good but the fit and finish of the original is state of the art. That is why it cost four times as much as the golden boy and why so few are made.

I would love to have one of the copies of the original Henry rifle. I just can't see putting out that much money for a gun that would hang on the wall. I would be to afraid of damaging it hunting or shooting it at the range. It would be a kick to own.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    They confirmed to me on the phone that their prices are automatically updated... I bet they have hitcount targets programmed in, and if something is really popular, and gets more hits, the price goes up. I literally have opened that same page 100 times in the last 2 days. Why else would the base model gun, that was $50 cheaper than the model with the grips that have "US" embossed in them (which, coincidentally, are a 50$ option from Kahr) suddenly is only $4 cheaper than the model with the "US" grips. Its one thing when the whole line goes up, but when the base model price goes up, but the more expensive models stay the same? Fishy as hell.... I dont like it. Maybe I will skirt the 1911 for now and buy that VZ2008 I been looking at....

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I'm tired of researching trying to find a decent 1911 so I'm putting it on the shelf for now... too good of a deal to pass up on that vz

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    For future reference, EVen if you do not know the local FFL, Bud's has a list of FFL's they are already hooked up with. There website has a search function to help you find one near you. Just select one you like and click away. I do not think they say the local FFL charge rate, so if $20 vs $25 transfer fee makes it a no go, you'll probably have to call the shop before you place the bud's order.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Somewhere in the world a Czech just wept. DD, how could you?

Well, it was definitely out of character for me, but in its original configuration it hurt like hell to shoot for more than one or two mags. Didn't like the wire stock (tried wrapping it in paracord and that didn't help), and didn't like having to wear an oven mit on my left hand just to make it through a range session. I still have all the original furniture if I ever start feeling masochistic. :): And come on now, look at all the AK's out there that look nothing like their Russian ancestors (Saigas, Arsenals, etc.)!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, it was definitely out of character for me, but in its original configuration it hurt like hell to shoot for more than one or two mags. Didn't like the wire stock (tried wrapping it in paracord and that didn't help), and didn't like having to wear an oven mit on my left hand just to make it through a range session. I still have all the original furniture if I ever start feeling masochistic. :): And come on now, look at all the AK's out there that look nothing like their Russian ancestors (Saigas, Arsenals, etc.)!

Its yours...........dress it up like you want to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Its yours...........dress it up like you want to.

Looks a lot better than the usual beaver barf stocks.

I truly did it as a matter of comfort. My true love will always be wood and steel, but I'm not sure that the beaver barf original stock really qualifies as "wood". :): I admit I did get a little carried away... maybe. But I got a great deal from a fellow INGOer on the Lucid optic. :)

Top Bottom