• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

As I was reading the OPs idiotic and arrogant post, I was envisioning this scene the entire time. Then as i read thru page 2, I realize that I am not the only sick person out there. Thank you FnS for not making feel alone. Now as for the OP, I really pity the poor people that are unfortunate enough to come into contact with you.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    No wonder you don't get what you want. After years of managing a supermarket I can say you are the person that causes the problems for everyone else who shops there and raises hell.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Lol I remember when a customer got mouthy at our restaurant. Manager said well then you can leave we don't need your money. Hahahahah

I do agree with the tipping, I hate pre tipping, pre paying, and a tip right on front of the worker.

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    I apologize. People were trying to give you the benefit of the doubt that you might not be the idiot who wrote the rant. You sure showed them.

I've read some of your recent posts- you seem like you are always trying to pick a fight with someone and you seem to think your opinion is gold- the closest idiot you'll find is the mirror.

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    Most who don't care would have simply ignored and moved on. What does it say that you took the time to type a post informing everyone how little you care?
    You have 3,990 posts on this site- clearly you spend have A LOT MORE of your pathetic existance on the computer than I do:laugh:

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    O.K., #1: clearly there are a lot of Jethro Bodines in the audience who only "gradutated" to the 3rd grade and don't have the I.Q. horsepower to get that SOME of this rant was what we Americans call "tongue-in-cheek"! I recognize that it is OVER THE TOP and intentionally wrote it this way for a little comedic value. If you doorknobs out there in the tall corn look over your heads you can see whooshing by.
    From www.merriam-webster.com: [SUP]"1[/SUP]rant

verb \ˈrant\ : to talk loudly and in a way that shows anger : to complain in a way that is unreasonable"

I KNOW IT'S A "RANT" - I NAMED AS SUCH IN THE TITLE!!!
    Somebody said it sounded like Clark Griswold going-off about something!, Thank You, I take that as a compliment, THAT is the spirit in which my "rant" was intended!
    Having said this I stand behind the FACT that this was written after a particularly bad restaurant experience and as a reaction to the general decline in service I see in most ALL retail industries from Walmart to Burger King. I suspect many of the panty-twistees who have been complaining about my post are just "band wagon" joiners who follow the scent of sheep anus all through their lives. At least these morons have dropped the stupidly false plagiarism charge for lack of any other wordsmith skills.

#2: If you don't like it CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!!...

Last edited:

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    Narcissism. It's what's for dinner.
    Narcissism??? Really???...Lets talk about the "scary, mean" looking avatar you chose to represent yourself! Are you REALLY that bad and scary in real life?, or is this YOUR narcissistic fantasy that you think people will believe about you? Lets see the old man behind the curtain. You started it.

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    We eat out a lot, dine-in, FF, and take home. If we run into a place that serves low quality food, appears less than "clean", or has service or ambience that is not agreeable with our line of thinking, we usually do not return to the place a second time.

An example of a highly rated restaurant that will never get a second chance from us.. MORTON's Steak House (Louisville), The food was expensive but we had expected that, it also was excellent quality. We dressed appropriately for the Birthday dinner that this was, What we were not prepared for was the arrogance of the server and the wine-steward. We ordered off the menu and display cart, but neither of us are Wine Drinkers, so we requested soft-drinks for our beverage. Paying Bar-drink prices for Cokes was not really a nice thing, but we did not lodge a complaint. The steward insisted that the 'wine-pourer' deliver and therefore be tipped for these services in addition to the food serving people. There was some snickering on the part of the server who seemed to equate non-alcohol drinks as 'Country-Rubes' The food folks managed to mess up the 'doneness' of our Steaks, then brought French Fies instead of the ordered 'Baked' Potato.

The server was caught up in conversation with someone at a neighboring table...sort of a Buffy and Skippy discussion of last weeks golf scores...anyway he was way to busy to try to resolve a food quality issue for a first (and last) time visitor.
    When he finally turned to us and heard my complaint about his inattentive service, He made a remark about filing a complaint with the management, but that perhaps I would be more comfortable using a drive-thru next time. I commented briefly about his German Shepherd ancestry and proceeded to file a formal complaint with the management. Absolutely nothing ever came of it. We were out $190.00 for Dinner and soft drinks... But I will never recommend , or enter a MORTON's ANYWHERE again.

Considering that we eat-out at least 150 time in a year...having only ONE major complaint that drew that much attention is really not bad...Now we do have a number of places around the country that we will not go back to because of "Poor Quality Food".. but only one with the gall to try to get almost $200 for their rip-off service. It is possible to RANT without the pompensity that the initial post did. Tell the folks who offended you, then let others know if a location has less than satisfactory food or service...Don't expect the employees to seek out your warm and friendly advice !!:popcorn:

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    We eat out a lot, dine-in, FF, and take home. If we run into a place that serves low quality food, appears less than "clean", or has service or ambience that is not agreeable with our line of thinking, we usually do not return to the place a secod time.

An example of a highly rated restaurant that will never get a second chance from us.. MORTON's Steak House (Louisville), The food was exspensive but we had expected that, it also was excellent quality. We dressed appropriately for the Birthday dinner that this was, What we were not prepared for was the arrogance of the server and the wine-steward. We ordered off the menu and display cart, but neither of us are Wine Drinkers, so we requested soft-drinks for our beverage. Paying Bar-drink prices for Cokes was not really a nice thing, but we did not lodge a complaint. The steward insisted that the 'wine-pourer' deliver and therefore be tipped for these services in addition to the food serving people. The food folks managed to mess up the 'doneness' of our Steaks, then brought French Fies instead of the ordered 'Baked' Potato. The server was caught up in conversation with someone at a neighboring table...sort of a Buffy and Skippy discussion of last weeks golf scores...anyway he was way to busy to try to resolve a food quality issue for a first (and last) time visitor.

When he finally turned to us and heard my complaint about his inattentive service, He made a remark about filing a complaint with the management, but that perhaps I would be more comfortable using a drive-thru next time. I commented briefly about his German Shepherd ancestry and proceeded to file a formal complaint with the management. Absolutely nothing ever came of it. We were out $190.00 for Dinner and soft drinks... But I will never recommend , or enter a MORTON's ANYWHERE again.

Considering that we eat-out at least 150 time in a year...having only ONE major complaint that drew that much attention is really not bad...Now we do have a number of places around the country that we will not go back to because of "Poor Quality Food".. but only one with the gall to try to get almost $200 for their rip-off service.
    That seems like a legitimate bad experience that you handled in an acceptable manner. Your expectations were reasonable and they simply weren't met.

There's no place in THIS thread for that kind of logic and reason!

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    ... sheep anus ...
    th

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Chezuki- I beg your Corn Dog Loving forgiveness. :bowdown:
    Remember the MAC DAVIS Country Hit some years ago....

"Oh Lord, it's hard to be Humble,
    When you're perfect in every way...."

I guess reading the original post got the best of me and triggered a MAC DAVIS reaction...:cool:

NightOwl

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    North of the Corn!
    :mods: The OP's attitude against others seems to include INGO members as well. IBTL and banhammer.
    The only "attitude" I have is with the small minority of posters on here who have chosen to attack me personally and falsely accuse me of plagiarism- IT'S CALLED SELF DEFENSE! "My Restaurant Rant" was obviously NOT directed at anyone personally here INGO, but the minority of trolls that infest this and all other forums who thought they saw an opprotunity fling some of their monkey-dung and look cool between T.V. commercials. If defending myself gets me banned, THEN SO BE IT!...(I'm sure the sun will still rise tommorow)... I will ALWAYS defend myself!

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    The only "attitude" I have is with the small minority of posters on here who have chosen to attack me personally and falsely accuse me of plagiarism- IT'S CALLED SELF DEFENSE! "My Restaurant Rant" was obviously NOT directed at anyone personally here INGO, but the minority of trolls that infest this and all other forums thought they saw an opprotunity fling some of their monkey-dung and look cool between T.V. commercials. If defending myself gets me banned, THEN SO BE IT!... I will ALWAYS defend myself!

Defending yourself is ok, name calling and insults are uncalled for IMO.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Does olive garden honor your request?

Always have, never been a problem and I think because of this we have always gotten
    excellent service, and we tipped very well.

I still remember one time that me and my wife, my sister and her husband and two kids ate
    at the old Lonestar in Greenwood (now Famous Daves).

To this day I think the waiter we had provided the best service that I have ever had when
    eating out. I think our bill came to around $120.00 for the six of us and we gave him a tip
    of $50.00.

Before we left I went to the manager and told him about the great service that was provided
    by the waiter. Gave the dude kudo's that I have never given before, and to add a little topping
    to it, I tracked the waiter down to let him know, and shook his hand and slid him another $20,
    told him $50 wasn't enough for what he did.

I have no problems tipping for great service, I do have a problem with crappy service and people
    expecting an obligatory 15% or more for it.

Top Bottom