• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It's almost like the 320 is a poorly designed gun...
    I've always kinda had a feeling the 320 was 'rushed' into operation to get the US Military contract...and that concern was revealed during the initial recall / retrofit over the incidental or negligent 'misfire' issue they have!
    Me, personally, I'm not a fan of the 320's more vertical grip angle, as it's just not a natural or comfortable fit for me. The 'accidental discharge' issue, is another reason!

Last edited:

Gunaddict

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 19, 2024
    Greenfield, IN
    I've always kinda had a feeling the 320 was 'rushed' into operation to get the US Military contract...and that concern was revealed during the initial recall / retrofit over the incidental or negligent 'misfire' issue they have!
    Me, personally, I'm not a fan of the 320's more vertical grip angle, as it's just not a natural or comfortable fit for me. The 'accidental discharge' issue, is another reason!
    I had looked at a 320 in .45 caliber that felt really good in my hands. Is the “drop issue” for all of them? I would really like to try and find one and wish I would have bought it when I had the chance.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    I had looked at a 320 in .45 caliber that felt really good in my hands. Is the “drop issue” for all of them? I would really like to try and find one and wish I would have bought it when I had the chance.
    The drop issue was corrected via the voluntary upgrade in 2017. All new guns since then have come from the factory upgraded. There are a few things you can check to determine if an older gun was sent back to Sig for the upgrade. More info here: https://www.sigsauer.com/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    And it continues...........

All Cambridge Police officers carry the Sig Sauer P320, a gun that has a history of allegedly firing without the trigger being pulled.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    And it continues...........

All Cambridge Police officers carry the Sig Sauer P320, a gun that has a history of allegedly firing without the trigger being pulled.

Sounds like that Dept needs to be taught the simple fact, when you pull the trigger, a firearm will fire.

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    When I buy an optics ready gun, it isn’t hard to look to see if you lose the rear sight. It’s pretty obvious, so if that’s a big deal to you, I get it, but you should have known.

I hate suppressor height sights, so my sights are always blocked by the base and battery of the optic, so I never care if I lose the sights or not.

The Glock 43x MOS has the same issue of optics screw going into the extractor and can cause major issues. I learned that the hard way.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I buy an optics ready gun, it isn’t hard to look to see if you lose the rear sight. It’s pretty obvious, so if that’s a big deal to you, I get it, but you should have known.

I hate suppressor height sights, so my sights are always blocked by the base and battery of the optic, so I never care if I lose the sights or not.

The Glock 43x MOS has the same issue of optics screw going into the extractor and can cause major issues. I learned that the hard way.
    The newer versions of most of the Sigs don't lose the rear sight anymore.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged, Cambridge police confirmed."

$20 says he dropped it and tried to catch it.

Looking forward to the first proof in these dozens of lawsuits that the gun fires without a trigger pull.

chadm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 30, 2016
    Indy West Side
    The newer versions of most of the Sigs don't lose the rear sight anymore.
    Looks like the 320 X5 Legion still loses the rear sight, but I see a lot of other models do keep the rear sight now. It’s a big ol heavy gun, but it’s been 100% reliable, and is a blast to shoot.

1712419320531.png

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Looks like the 320 X5 Legion still loses the rear sight, but I see a lot of other models do keep the rear sight now. It’s a big ol heavy gun, but it’s been 100% reliable, and is a blast to shoot.

View attachment 345046
    Looks due to the real estate that the Dawson Precision adjustable sight takes that there wasn't a way around it.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Top Bottom