• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Again, I don't want to encourage folks to risk life and limb for the monthly meeting. If folks are gonna show though, so will I.

The grandson is hanging with me and his mother says she should have no problem picking him up. However, that does add an element out of my control on 100% confirmation of attendance. Assuming all goes as expected, I can pick up anyone nearby that wants to attend, but is concerned about the roads.

Let us know what ya'll are doing... thanks.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Just got in from work. The road from Crane was good. The secondary roads had been plowed and traffic was flowing fairly well.

It is cold out though, so bundle up!

Unless we (as a group) decide to cancel I am planning on going tonight. 7PM @ Bub's, I might call it an early night though. I don't think I'll hang out until they close.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    when are we going to move to the other discussed venue? I like Bub's food, but the service has been somewhat lack-luster as of late, and the prices are getting out of control. Plus some good BBQ sounds mighty tasty!

Oh, and I'll be there tonight.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    OK, Had lunch at Smokin' Jacks Rib Shack (SJRS) today. The manager I talked to said he did not see any problem with our group meeting there. He said that they have had people open carrying in there before and as long as the guns stay in their holsters he did not see a problem.

They do close at 9PM on Thursdays. You have to go to the counter to order and you pay when you order. The drinks seemed to be self serve.

Link to SJRS Smokin' Jack's Rib Shack

The next meeting is Feb 6th.

If you guys want to try it that would be cool with me. If you guy want to stay with Bub's that is also cool with me.

Let the discussion/voting begin. :)

Since Philo is the President, his decision will rule though. ;)

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK, Had lunch at Smokin' Jacks Rib Shack (SJRS) today. The manager I talked to said he did not see any problem with our group meeting there. He said that they have had people open carrying in there before and as long as the guns stay in their holsters he did not see a problem.

They do close at 9PM on Thursdays. You have to go to the counter to order and you pay when you order. The drinks seemed to be self serve.

Link to SJRS Smokin' Jack's Rib Shack

The next meeting is Feb 6th.

If you guys want to try it that would be cool with me. If you guy want to stay with Bub's that is also cool with me.

Let the discussion/voting begin. :)

Since Philo is the President, his decision will rule though. ;)

Thank you sir. Good work!
    I vote we tell Mr Kruzan what we think of his parking meters by taking our biz elsewhere!
    However, it is up to president philo...

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    Mmm Jack's barbeque or Mmm Bub's burgers - it's a toss up. All things being equal, I'd probably vote against parking meters. However, I'll have to recuse myself from voting for a conflict of interest. Just pick what's best for the majority.

If we switch to Smokin Jack's I probably won't see you guys till June. I'm taking a class on Thursday nights (Wilderness First Responder) and it doesn't get out till 8:30 most weeks. I probably wouldn't beat closing time at Smokin Jack's but would just be late at Bub's.

In other business:

-Longbow can come or not as he pleases. Not sure we'll recognize him anymore, it's been so long.

-GFGT is always welcome. Your wife did add a little class to the group.

-We only let Rhino come because he told us he was Scutter.

If I'm not there, the powers and privileges of office (none) transfer to Burl.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...If I'm not there, the powers and privileges of office (none) transfer to Burl.

Looking for some Wilderness First Responder info from your class!

I vote we change it to the first Wednesday, 7:00 at Jack's BBQ.
    Maybe that's better for Longbow? AMhenry? Sidearmed? Tyler? Techres? Others?

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    The sarcastic part is that I have any ability to make such pronouncements. It was nice to meet both you and your wife, and you are always welcome - in the general way anybody from the group can welcome you. I am in charge of nothing - just Burl's inside joke.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Looking for some Wilderness First Responder info from your class!

I vote we change it to the first Wednesday, 7:00 at Jack's BBQ.
    Maybe that's better for Longbow? AMhenry? Sidearmed? Tyler? Techres? Others?

Come on people, so far we have two votes to move, none to stay and one vote to change to Wednesday.

Does someone need to post a poll?

I personally am not opposed to Wednesday evening that would help breakup the week. Plus we would get the Wilderness First Responder info.

Top Bottom