• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Thanks, I will look at them the next time I roll through Cycle Gear in Noblesville...

Funny thing about Harleys, the last time I looked at AMA they had more records than anyone...

Agreed, and I know most of HD friends actually run at well above most speed limits.

But as I said, I just thought it was a funny sign and given the way I ride I'm the last guy who should be posting that. All in good fun.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    In the past, the "Wing Dings" have held their annual ride-in here in Fort Wayne.

Thankfully, they're much more sedate.

They are big events. Much more about the love of riding than bravado.

3f1c2113-37ed-4235-81f9-4a35e00f6fba-snldc5-58w8lt63srlf3p5e25a_original.jpg

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    Reminder to the Harley guys that popularity doesn't always mean best even if it sticks around for a while :p :stickpoke:

View attachment 90432

Best is relative to what one is comparing.... Air cooled to water cooled perhaps?

Go and spend some time going through all of AMA's record books...
    I'll save you some time, Harley has more records than any other manufacturer....
    If there was a motorcycle event that Harley Davidson wanted to compete in that they dont now, History says they would be front runners in that event also...
    And unlike bursting into flames like a leaky Corvair, Harleys dont catch on fire until run over by a cage...

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    This may have already been discussed here, but I am feeling lazy and didn't want to browse through 102 pages. What is your favorite riding route in Indiana? Mostly looking for trips I can do in 1 day, as I'm avoiding hotels right now. I've done some riding around Brown County and surrounding areas. Usually takes me 10 hours to get there, ride the back hills some then head for home. I prefer to go around Indy, usually heading over to highway 9 then west after I get south of the Indy suburbs. If you know some good rides in the northern half of the state, that would be great.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I really enjoy riding but the cars need to be more observant.

Yup, according to accident statistics they are our 2nd biggest problem. 1st biggest cause of crash is running a motorcycle into an immovable object. But after that, damn cars! Most of the problem with cars is turning across a traffic lane and then saying "... I never saw the motorcycle ..."

Top Bottom