• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Went for a ride today. Sweetie didn't want to ride with me, tho.

daily-gifdump-3966-35.gif

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Great site to help in picking a bike best for you.

Great site. Not always current with updates over the last 5-7 years but since my budget doesn't generally allow brand new bikes, it's all good! it has told me - unfortunately - that I look like a monkey %^*ing a football on too many bikes I like that are simply too small for me.

The "model" is more handsome than me, sadly.

04wi0749JMQSJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

My heart says, "Man, that is sexy!"
    Capture.JPG

My head says, "your body can't do that for more than an hour now!"

04wi1343JMQSIUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Great site. Not always current with updates over the last 5-7 years but since my budget doesn't generally allow brand new bikes, it's all good! it has told me - unfortunately - that I look like a monkey %^*ing a football on too many bikes I like that are simply too small for me.

View attachment 185705

View attachment 185725

View attachment 185724

Without doing any reading on the mentioned site, how much differerence does sliding your butt back on the seat make? Wouldn't that naturally lean you forward, as the bike seems to be designed for?

Or maybe that isn't recommended?

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Without doing any reading on the mentioned site, how much differerence does sliding your butt back on the seat make? Wouldn't that naturally lean you forward, as the bike seems to be designed for?

Or maybe that isn't recommended?

Most of the modern bikes don't allow much room to move forward or back. My old 79 GS750 had a flat long seat that I could move quite a bit on. It made long hauls a lot better.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

View attachment 185705

View attachment 185725

View attachment 185724
    That Thruxton is such a sweet bike I would endure a little pain to ride one. My RC-51 was very cramped but it was worth it until it wasn't. Getting old has it drawbacks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Most of the modern bikes don't allow much room to move forward or back. My old 79 GS750 had a flat long seat that I could move quite a bit on. It made long hauls a lot better.

I didn't mean a lot. I'm talking about a couple/3". That's around what I have on my Versys and very close, if not the same, as your Ninja.)

I notice the difference in my riding stance changes a lot, with moving my butt as far back or forward as possible. Seems to make lot difference in bike weight distribution and handling also.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I didn't mean a lot. I'm talking about a couple/3". That's around what I have on my Versys and very close, if not the same, as your Ninja.)

I notice the difference in my riding stance changes a lot, with moving my butt as far back or forward as possible. Seems to make lot difference in bike weight distribution and handling also.

I agree. I can move a little on the Ninja to relieve some pressure here and there. Also elbows up or elbows down can relieve hand/arm/shoulders cramps. The faster you go the more you can feel the handling differences.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Dug the bike out along with the mowers when I got home last night. Going to put some miles on today, then service my mowers tomorrow if it rains. I'm itching for a new bike, and I've got the cabbage saved up, so I may hit a couple of shops today as I'm out cruising around.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Dug the bike out along with the mowers when I got home last night. Going to put some miles on today, then service my mowers tomorrow if it rains. I'm itching for a new bike, and I've got the cabbage saved up, so I may hit a couple of shops today as I'm out cruising around.
    Have fun ! I always recommend a new (or new to you ) bike. :rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Uniquenateo
    Top Bottom