• Poll closed .

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    "Most Over rated items since Newtown"

If the poll question asked which items are the most over rated I would have chosen "All of the above".

Justin073190

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Corydon
    it blows my mind with these prices i saw an old beat up mini-14 for 1700 a couple months back i ran across quite a few for around 500 and thats just one example its craziness

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    AR and AK mags. By percentage, the price increase (even if temporary) of those two mags, and I include P mags, and all other varieties, was the highest of any of the listed items. 300.00 for a single thirty round mag? Really? Pass.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I voted "$900 sks". It was not all that long ago when I was FFL that I use to buy them for around $69.99 each ( Norinco China and Yugo models) and you were lucky to get $89.99 out of them.:rolleyes:

Ok, after thinking about this a little more.....it was like 15 years ago. :D

I remember a surplus store that used to put mausers in a barrel for $40. I remember 1000 30 cal AP bullets selling for $80. There aren't factories still making things and the surplus and demil supplies have dried up. So how is it reasonable to still think these things should still be the same price?

Derpacoon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Indy
    Pmag prices are just ridiculous. In the context of your original question they are the ones that are commanding way to high of a price for that specific item.

But they are very closely followed by AR-15 rifles and AMMO prices

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Pmag prices are just ridiculous. In the context of your original question they are the ones that are commanding way to high of a price for that specific item.

But they are very closely followed by AR-15 rifles and AMMO prices

I was just reading a Distributors "Monthly Specials" Flyer, and obviously, it was set in stone months ago, as it had special pricing of $9.79/ea. Dealer Pricing. Best thing though, Distributors are still standing by their pricing, but not the ridiculous Dealers. This type of crisis is a good way to test just how good your LGS is. Just because they can't get something, is no reason to jack a price beyond all recognition.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I remember a surplus store that used to put mausers in a barrel for $40. I remember 1000 30 cal AP bullets selling for $80. There aren't factories still making things and the surplus and demil supplies have dried up. So how is it reasonable to still think these things should still be the same price?[/QUOTE]

I never said that prices should be the same as they were 15 years ago, and I would never expect them to be. I fully understand that items go up due to lack of supply. Let's look at what a Russian SKS was going for just a year ago or just 2 to 3 months ago, they could be bought in the $300 to $400 range. I have seen literally hundreds of them in that price range at the shows until this recent surge, spike, panic buying, or whatever you want to call it took place. So 3 months ago a Russian SKS could be bought in the $300 to $400 range and now people are asking $900, that just seems crazy to me.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    I voted 'Other' because, in the overall market as I've seen it in the last 6weeks.... the Ruger 10/22 rimfire rifle and the 10-round and 25-round mags for that carbine.... have sold like crazy.

Lots of 'ads' for the AR and Magpul stuff.... but what I see moving is the 10/22 and semi-auto pistols w/hi-cap mags.

None of it exactly cheap, either.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom