• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    If it weren't for the 50 post rule, we'd miss out on drama threads like this and all of the "trying to get your 50 posts in, huh?" posts. I'll say again. Does the 50 posts rule create more problems than its's supposed to prevent?

Exactly. I get so tired of 20 one liners being spammed just so people can get to the classifieds. Making a rule to make another rule work is about as effective as gun control... There, I said it.

:yesway:

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Then just report the post and we'll take care of it. Then you won't see it. If we are taking our time to keep this forum clean and a family friendly forum above a classifieds site then obviously we think it's worth the extra effort.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Then just report the post and we'll take care of it. Then you won't see it. If we are taking our time to keep this forum clean and a family friendly forum above a classifieds site then obviously we think it's worth the extra effort.

But I DO see them, and I DO report them. Sometimes I just turn my phone off because I get so many spam emails from people rushing to the classifieds (it certainly isn't an everyday occurance) but I do post on a lot of threads pretty close together so I may get it worse than most.

Regardless I am not Mod bashing here, just voicing my opinion about the way things are... We ARE still allowed to do that right? :D

:mods:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Exactly. I get so tired of 20 one liners being spammed just so people can get to the classifieds. Making a rule to make another rule work is about as effective as gun control... There, I said it.

What's even more tiring is seeing the 50 mommies (non mods) commenting on the one liner posts.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    What would we all do if one day the Classifieds just vanished? Even if for a day or two, the fallout would be hilarious.

Do way with it for good for all I care. I just posted 2 ads recently. 1 item sold through here, one didn't. That's the first time I've bought or sold anything off of here in months.

By eliminating the classifieds, we can also eliminate the "so and so bought x gun at Y price and listed it on another site for Y + eleventy billion!" threads.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you do not appreciate the one-liners, use the keyboard to go on to the next post or thread. It is really easy to do. Just one click and all the pain goes away.

If you do not like that option, go over to the other firearms/gun forums. There is no reason for you to put up with all this foolishness, or to inflict your whining on the rest of us. Just use your freedom to go elsewhere or to select a new thread. It is really easy.

For the record, I have never been inundated with one-liners. Most folks on here are more loquacious. They are more like Donkey in Shrek, the hard part is getting them to shut up. :blahblah:

Fenway and the Mod Squad seem to keep us pretty much in check. :whip: The ladies can participate without fear of indecent commentary, though it does get spicy occasionally. :naughty: The Mosin boys can participate without their childish eyes and imaginations being defiled. :flasher: :eek: The rest of us can disagree without being overwhelmed with foul vulgarities—except for the occassional string of ***&^%_$#&#@*^^!

What do we really have to complain about? Let the rookies pay their dues. If they do not like it, they can move on.:nopity:There is a lot of good stuff happening on here. No need to mess it up just because some noobie is in a hurry or one of the regulars does not like receiving a bunch of one-liners. Grow up and grow a set or move on, boys.

I hate it when I have to defend :rules: "Nuff sed", as my Jamaican friends would say. :horse:

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    It is really easy to do. Just one click and all the pain goes away.
    :):
    <Dr. Zachary Smith from Lost in Space> "Ohh, the pain!"

There is no reason for you to put up with all this foolishness, or to inflict your whining on the rest of us. Just use your freedom to go elsewhere or to select a new thread. It is really easy.
    You don't say.

Who duz 'at Fenway dude think he is, anyway. Acts like he owns this place 'r sumthin'. :laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If you do not appreciate the one-liners, use the keyboard to go on to the next post or thread. It is really easy to do. Just one click and all the pain goes away.

If you do not like that option, go over to the other firearms/gun forums. There is no reason for you to put up with all this foolishness, or to inflict your whining on the rest of us. Just use your freedom to go elsewhere or to select a new thread. It is really easy.

For the record, I have never been inundated with one-liners. Most folks on here are more loquacious. They are more like Donkey in Shrek, the hard part is getting them to shut up. :blahblah:

Fenway and the Mod Squad seem to keep us pretty much in check. :whip: The ladies can participate without fear of indecent commentary, though it does get spicy occasionally. :naughty: The Mosin boys can participate without their childish eyes and imaginations being defiled. :flasher: :eek: The rest of us can disagree without being overwhelmed with foul vulgarities—except for the occassional string of ***&^%_$#&#@*^^!

What do we really have to complain about? Let the rookies pay their dues. If they do not like it, they can move on.:nopity:There is a lot of good stuff happening on here. No need to mess it up just because some noobie is in a hurry or one of the regulars does not like receiving a bunch of one-liners. Grow up and grow a set or move on, boys.

I hate it when I have to defend :rules: "Nuff sed", as my Jamaican friends would say. :horse:

I do ignore the one liners and the replies to them. I comment about the issue when these types of threads are brought up. I guess it's just more fun to join in the dogpile.

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    " To hell with your rules I'm special (my parents and schools said so) , please be a dear and forward my contact info " .

Ya, ya, ya, I know you are special, I understand your issues, I feel your pain.
    NOW.... STFU and follow the rules, or you can kiss my --- and go someplace else. END OF STORY. :ar15:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Maybe if he would have told Fenway "Be a doll and forward my info to him, will ya?" He would have a new Glock. Everyone ALWAYS forgets to call him a doll or babe.:wrongdoor:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    INGO's Home, INGO's Rules. Dont like the 50 post rule? Dont play.

If you are so uber cool on gunbroker and eBay, do your business there... Problem solved.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Have you ever wondered why INGO has so many members and why people find it at all in the first place?
    It's because of Google. If you go to a classified listing that's at least 8 hours old and cut and paste the title into google, you'll see that it's already listed. Google has this forum all covered.
    So while we like to dog the people who mistake this as a gun selling site/forum, the classifieds and Google have really helped launch this forum to a level of notice and popularity that would probably not have been possible otherwise.

I think there's a certain level of possessiveness amoung INGO members, wanting to keep a good thing to themselves. Maybe that's why sometimes people who aren't very gun saavy get "run out of Dodge" by critical posts.

Or maybe I'm just making up all this crap.
    I don't care. I have my 50 quality posts (buried somewhere in all my posts).

Top Bottom