• ...and so much more!
  • Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I got bit by the mailing that came in Thursday
    and so did about 1000 other guys & dolls ( what about you??)
    They said there was a line of about 40 people at the door this AM before opening time.
    Midwest is reloacting to the old pep boys store on Grape Rd.
    And are having a sale , They want to sell everything in the store.
    They do have some good wiggle room as it apears.
    I came hope with a slighty used prize for a good price
    If the item does not have a sale price on it you are supposed to ask
    I asked about an item, they knocked off 90 bucks I countered with an even 100 ( which was 1/5 off the total orig. price) and they said sure!!
    Just an FYI to all that there may be some good deals left
    Good hunting to all

Farmritch

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I'm thinking of heading over to see if I can steal either a Sig p226 or p228. Buy it from them, then send the LEO rebate form in to Sig and get another $100 back. Probably not until the middle of October, though.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I have never seen MW so busy, the deals they have right now are crazy. I couldn't help myself so I bought a nice new pistol and almost bought another today. The had a Les Baer that was $400 under sticker. Anyone who is able and haven't done so I would suggest checking their deals out.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    Do they have any glocks (17, 19, 21 or 23)

If they do maybe we could work out a deal of some sort. I have been looking for a good deal on one.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I got the flier too... wondering how well they were blowing things out. Can't really afford anything after the past week I've had... and talk about timing my 5.45x39 upper just shipped today... I ordered that back in freaking MARCH!

Must.... resist... good... deals... arrrrgh!

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Do they have any glocks (17, 19, 21 or 23)

If they do maybe we could work out a deal of some sort. I have been looking for a good deal on one.

I know they had 17, 21, 23 but I didn't see any 19's. The full, compact, and subs were $439 expect the 45acp's were a bit more like normal. They had a bunch of used Glocks as low as $330 in excellent condition.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'll pass on dealing with Midwest, every time I turn around someone is having an issue with them

AR15.COM :: Forums :: Refused FFL transfer?

"I swore to myself that I am done with Midwest Gun Exchange when they called ATF on a friend of mine who was stocking on ammo and was buying 2-3K at a time. They gave all copies of the receipts to ATF too. What an asshats ..."

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I don't understand selling their entire inventory to move. One might aruge that it saves them having to move it all. Yet, I hear when they attend a gun show, they pack up most of the handguns in the place to relocate them for one weekend. I wonder how they restock themselves in time to have anything to sell on their re-opening?

The last time I saw a gun store have a moving sale like this in Fort Wayne, they never re-opened. Do you suppose...?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I don't understand selling their entire inventory to move. One might aruge that it saves them having to move it all. Yet, I hear when they attend a gun show, they pack up most of the handguns in the place to relocate them for one weekend. I wonder how they restock themselves in time to have anything to sell on their re-opening?

The last time I saw a gun store have a moving sale like this in Fort Wayne, they never re-opened. Do you suppose...?

They are a distributor. They have agreements with all the local gun shops they supply NOT to sell their firearms below a certain rate to appease the other stores they supply. It's also why they don't do any 'local' gun shows.

This "moving sale" is the perfect excuse to blow out inventory and not upset the locals.

BTW moving all their inventory for a profit (no matter how small) is still money you wouldn't have made otherwise and it makes a great GIMMICK and sales draw!

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    They are a distributor. They have agreements with all the local gun shops they supply NOT to sell their firearms below a certain rate to appease the other stores they supply. It's also why they don't do any 'local' gun shows.

This "moving sale" is the perfect excuse to blow out inventory and not upset the locals.

BTW moving all their inventory for a profit (no matter how small) is still money you wouldn't have made otherwise and it makes a great GIMMICK and sales draw!

I think I've seen them at the Crown Pt Shows - will they be at Porter County Expo this weekend?

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy

I really don't think they're going to closeup shop around here.
    They've begun remodeling the new store already and
    they have a store with an indoor range in Elkhart.

There's been some road work in front of their Mishawaka store
    for awhile that has probably slowed business somewhat and
    he's probably just generating some cash for the move.

Most will say he's a bit high on his regular prices and low on
    his trade-in values so, IMO, this sale will help attract folks
    that normally wouldn't buy there.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    I'll pass on dealing with Midwest, every time I turn around someone is having an issue with them

"I swore to myself that I am done with Midwest Gun Exchange when they called ATF on a friend of mine who was stocking on ammo and was buying 2-3K at a time. They gave all copies of the receipts to ATF too. What an asshats ..."

That's what I call awesome customer service. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they win over a lot of gun owners with such practices. :rolleyes:

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That's what I call awesome customer service. :rolleyes:

I'm sure they win over a lot of gun owners with such practices. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd rather spend my $ elsewhere/pay more at another dealer any day of the week even if the sale is THAT good,

Guess I'm just lucky to have Jerry's Gun Shop near me, plus he normally has great prices!

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy

IIRC, There's a little more to the story

Rural King also had issues with that guy,
    he was spouting "doomsday prophecies", and was
    stalking/threatening his girlfriend's family, stocking up on ammo
    while under a restraining order.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Midwest has always been great to me. I live 5 minutes down the street from where the new store will be. ( Unfortunately, I'm at school @ Purdue, so I can't go to the sale ) but they have never been rude, never over charged, and have always been 100% faithful and great about their service and products.

I know everyone has bad experiences at places, and I'm sure theres more than one side to the story. Until I actually see bad behavior from them, I don't think I'll believe a whole lot of these exaggerated stories online.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I picked up a new S&W model 327 2" there on Friday before the start date of the sale but they already had everything marked down. I got it for $879! I plan to shoot it after work today. I also bought 5 boxes of Win Ranger .40 ammo for 13.99 a box and some other ammo as well.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I stopped over there with a buddy during lunch today. They didn't seem to know much about Indiana gun laws.
    They did, however, have a used XD45 for $350 that I would have bought if I hadn't bought the S&W last week.

Top Bottom