• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If this is true, wouldn't Governor Brewer be justified in ordering Arizona National Guard troops on the border to protect a threatened elected official from an outside threat? Just askin'!

I don't know about "justified", but the state wouldn't be able to afford it. See our tinfoil had discussions on how many troops it would take and how much it would cost to "occupy" Indy.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I don't like Sheriff Joe as a Sheriff ... As a jailer he is great ... but Joe is an old DEA bureaucrat .. yeah I like what he is doing to the wetbacks ... I lived in Phoenix area for about 10 years some of it under Joe ... he is no friend of the Constitution ... but he is GREAT at PR .. now I don't want to see a hit on him ... I would just like to see him voted out ...
    Duncan

It's been my (somewhat limited) experience, that Sheriffs often are not strict Constitutionalists; especially long-term elected officials such as Sheriff Joe. However, what sort of Sheriff would you like to see replace him, given the circumstances?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I am so f'ing sick of hearing about Mexico, Mexicans and Illegals. Let's just make America as destitute, disgusting and violent as Mexico and the illegals won't want to come here. Problem solved.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    these cartels and illegals are already killing innocent American citizens. why are they any less important than a sherrif that does his job? every American is important to me, except the ones who are helping these illegals. if you are for the illegals then you are no fellow American of mine.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    these cartels and illegals are already killing innocent American citizens. why are they any less important than a sherrif that does his job? every American is important to me, except the ones who are helping these illegals. if you are for the illegals then you are no fellow American of mine.

Hey now you though it was a nice gift of landscaping I got for ya!!!

On a serious note how many more Americans will have to be ran out of their ranches, murdered, and states overran with this problem. We have the weakest administration I have witnessed. Americans are being murdered and a 3rd world craphole corrupt country is moving in and the people that protect this country cant get a "go get em boys" from the government. WTF My question is how much more will the people on the border take before they start taking matters into their own hands, and if they already are in the cover of night I say god protect them and give them the strength and courage needed to protect their lives and family!

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    It's been my (somewhat limited) experience, that Sheriffs often are not strict Constitutionalists; especially long-term elected officials such as Sheriff Joe. However, what sort of Sheriff would you like to see replace him, given the circumstances?

Good question ... I don't know ... and I probably should have kept my mouth shut because it's Arizona's problem and not mime ... I would think that there are people out there that would be good at it ... don't know who ... the problem with LE is that they take the oath to uphold all " codes' .. Irrespective if they are Lawful or not ... hey you got your day in court ... you don't have 40 k for a defense .. well you can plea bargain ..

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Good question ... I don't know ... and I probably should have kept my mouth shut because it's Arizona's problem and not mime ... I would think that there are people out there that would be good at it ... don't know who ... the problem with LE is that they take the oath to uphold all " codes' .. Irrespective if they are Lawful or not ... hey you got your day in court ... you don't have 40 k for a defense .. well you can plea bargain ..

It was indeed a loaded question on my part, but you're correct; more precisely, it's Maricopa County's "problem", if that is how they see it. We have term limits here, so we don't see this as much, but in places where they don't have term limits for Sheriffs, you can either get a Sheriff who is popular enough to keep being re-elected (by "popular" I mean he conforms to the local public mores and keeps an acceptable level of "the Peace"), or you get a Sheriff who is crooked as a dog's hind leg, but has enough on everyone in his jurisdiction that he keeps being re-elected out of fear, more than anything else. With a population the size of Maricopa County, I would guess it is the former rather than the latter.

Top Bottom