• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I noticed those yesterday. Those will really be a pain for some folks.

I make that turn every evening to go home. Screw it, I'm turning left! Watched the debacle this morning on the news as box trucks couldn't make the radius of the turn and had to stop and back up and make a 3 point turn. Brilliant!!

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Whomever came up with this stupid ass idea needs to have their testicles dipped in gravy and placed naked in a pen of pit bulls. OMG. It took 30 minutes to get from Keystone to Allisonville tonight. Allowing for the snow I would estimate that this new addition added about 20 minutes to my drive! Can anyone tell me who I might scream at...er converse with in some official capacity?

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I make that turn every evening to go home. Screw it, I'm turning left! Watched the debacle this morning on the news as box trucks couldn't make the radius of the turn and had to stop and back up and make a 3 point turn. Brilliant!!

That's exactly what I was afraid of. If a box truck can't make it you know some poor bastard in an 18 wheeler is going to jack knife his rig trying to get through there... I won't be able to make it in my truck, it turns about as good as an aircraft carrier!

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The picture is from the UK obviously. Note how they're driving on the wrong side of the road. The Michigan left looks interesting, once people figure it out, and if they can cooperate. It would be nice if the planners had considered vehicles larger than cars; there's going to have to be some accommodation.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Roundabouts are easy and like someone else posted, despite growing up in Michigan I had never heard of a Michigan left. Looking it up it sounds like something they'd think of in Detroit.
    Anyway, I'd rather have a roundabout than this intersection in Korea. When I was there in 1988 they hadn't installed the traffic control lights yet. There was one cop being ignored by everyone trying to control traffic.
    fa703cfd-fc36-4af2-998a-4ea6bdc9dde1.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I grew up in Michigan and always knew them as Michigan lefts. :dunno:

They actually work pretty well in high-traffic intersections (and believe me, Indiana does not know high-traffic. Not by a long shot.) That said, they still have to be properly designed and people have to know how to use them and what to expect.

Top Bottom