• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mike I generally agree with you but this time brother.....I'm glad the Founding Father's didn't feel that way.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm a strong constitutionalist, however I don't see this house speakership issue weakening the Constitution.
    I'd love to see the administrative state knocked down to what is spelled out in our Constitution...just the basics.
    I agree. I do not see those who seek change from the conservative side wanting to destroy the Constitution to get it like the leftists do. Maybe I'm missing something and someone else can let me know what makes them believe that they do.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Maybe they should all agree to vote for Jim Jordan.

No one but the baggage killing the republican party, and axing conservative issues, wants McCarthy.

We have nothing left to lose at this point. This is a very good time to stand up.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    McCarthy's hubris is pathetic and not the sign of a real leader.

He feels so entitled to this role he's willing to go round after round with less votes than the D nominee, then has the impudence to chide those voting against him? He beclowns himself, not those voting against him!

This is the problem with America!!! The whole "(S)he's next!" mentality of the statists is sickening. His attitude now is no different than HRC's in 2016!

The common pants wetters' attitude of "only X can solve our problems" is antithetical to our Republic. Government roles should be plug and play from any number of qualified candidates. It shows the sheepish, weak mentality of the majority of those who have been elected to represent us. "But, if not McCarthy, who can ever lead us?" Boo hoo...they all need to read some Nietzsche fer Pete's sake.
    That McCarthy is getting less votes than the Democrat nominee is telling in more ways than the one you suggest. It is an indication that the donkeys are playing a different game than the elephants are. For better or worse, they *unite* along causes and candidates. They skip the purity tests that our side is so enamored of for the sake of the larger goal: wresting power away from the right and keeping it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That McCarthy is getting less votes than the Democrat nominee is telling in more ways than the one you suggest. It is an indication that the donkeys are playing a different game than the elephants are. For better or worse, they *unite* along causes and candidates. They skip the purity tests that our side is so enamored of for the sake of the larger goal: wresting power away from the right and keeping it.

This isn't a purity test. There's no sense in installing another democrat as the speaker.
    There's nothing left to lose, there's no reason to go along to get along.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    I despise the swamp, but if this protest holds out, all that happens is the swamp creatures change the rules and "install" him with simple majority.

Let him have the position...then "Boehner" him. It requires little fish who are willing to sacrifice committee positions and leadership PAC money to undermine their own speaker and "frag" him. Make him sorry he got the job in the first place.
    If the elephants are stupid enough to change the rules so that a simple majority gets the Speaker's gavel, say hello to the new Speaker of the House:
    Screenshot_20230104_153801_Firefox.jpg

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    See McCarthy lost again. Are we up to 4 losses now? McCarthy might as well sit down and give the Conservatives what they want for their vote. He never hesitated doing the same for democrats. Just how bad does he want the job. I’m guessing he rather see the Constitution burn before doing that. Pretty easy option for a leader. ???

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    See McCarthy lost again. Are we up to 4 losses now? McCarthy might as well sit down and give the Conservatives what they want for their vote. He never hesitated doing the same for democrats. Just how bad does he want the job. I’m guessing he rather see the Constitution burn before doing that. Pretty easy option for a leader. ???

We're counting 6th vote right now lol.

Correction, he lost the 6th vote.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So now the rumors are McCarthy is trying to gain Democrats help to become speaker.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hell no, especially when there's legitimately zero consequence for holding out.

Those voting for McCarthy have overseen the economic devastation, social degradation, and overall collapse of the country.
    i agree. As if Boenher and Ryan weren't bad enough. We certainly don't need a third pig in the poke to follow in their footsteps. Enough is enough.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It sounds like you're suggesting the Democrats have their "fringe" under control, but Republicans don't. I don't think this particular example proves that point very well. Which purity test did the Democrats skip? The Left Fringe got its priorities met pretty nicely. "African Name Guy" checks almost all the boxes but one (and he'd have to "tuck his twig" to get that one).

If Dems eschewed far-left candidates and picked a moderate to achieve consensus and hold power, I might see your point. But that's not what happened. The actual equivalent to what the Democrats did, would be if the Republican Party immediately agreed with the rebels and installed Jim Jordan without further discussion.

I don't think Democrats are better at controlling their fringes. They willingly placate them. It's not the same thing.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well if one is not evaluating the risk reward they are idiots.

So tell me how will your life be better in the coming democrat utopia after burning it all down occurs?

Loling at this statement followed by the rest of your whataboutisms and deflection in this thread.

I want to believe that you want constitutional conservatism, but you really come off as a CoC-loving schill with an absurdly high opinion of your own insight.

One of your big drums to beat is "primaries". Some fights don't happen at the primary. Every electoral step of our stratified system of government is a new opportunity to make some noise. This is one of those (many) steps.

Signed,

(apparent) Idiot

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Chip Roy on Glenn Beck…says in last 48 hrs McCarthy and others have made it impossible for any compromise by their threats in them. Since McCarthy started in politics the debt has gone from 11 trillion to 31 trillion with McCarthy voting to help democrats over and over again. McCarthy will not fight the system, he just doesn’t do it. He has never been and never will be aggressive to fight for the people. He said be patient we have a group standing against the swamp, call your congressmen for a change of leadership.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

ATTACH]]
    m243iil.png

Keep telling us about purity tests.

Top Bottom