• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greffy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2019
    Los Angeles County
    Yeah, I've watched a bunch of episodes. Pretty good show, but it just reminds me of how many skills I don't have a good handle on. Could be motivational for younger guys looking for inspiration and motivation to move forward with hand craft trades.
    Also, they can get and use things that are 'unavailable' in California where I am. Learned a long time ago that it isn't so much fun watching people do things you wish you could be doing but can't. Sour Grapes I suppose.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'm fairly new to his channel. Been watching not quite a year. Same with Fab Rats, TrailMater, and Layton Nation. One of Matt's sons also now has his own YT channel called Rudy's Adventure and Design.

Another of their collective friends is Mischief Maker TV. And yet another is Bikes & Beards.
    All have good content

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I'm fairly new to his channel. Been watching not quite a year. Same with Fab Rats, TrailMater, and Layton Nation. One of Matt's sons also now has his own YT channel called Rudy's Adventure and Design.

Another of their collective friends is Mischief Maker TV. And yet another is Bikes & Beards.
    All have good content
    Yep....Started with Matt's & found the others. I don't watch the others that much, but I'm definitely following the "Golden Nugget" and Rokon builds between the different channels. That will be so cool when they present those to Ed.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I enjoy watching that channel on occasion. He probably makes way more money off the channel than the rescues but good for him. The remote ones are real important as there's not many to call. Towing can't get out to most trail locations. I broke the Jeep's drag link once in Moab and even there I had trouble finding help. Best to have personal recovery items like winch, tow/jerk/treestraps, shackles and front/rear towing points on a vechicle, especially with larger vehicles that may get stuck easier. Basically what Matt carries:cool:

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I enjoy watching that channel on occasion. He probably makes way more money off the channel than the rescues but good for him. The remote ones are real important as there's not many to call. Towing can't get out to most trail locations. I broke the Jeep's drag link once in Moab and even there I had trouble finding help. Best to have personal recovery items like winch, tow/jerk/treestraps, shackles and front/rear towing points on a vechicle, especially with larger vehicles that may get stuck easier. Basically what Matt carries:cool:
    Seems like anymore he does some of the closer recoveries for free. I would be curious how much some of the long distance recoveries cost.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Note about Matt: You're seeing him not charge for tows more and more. He's been in a bit of legal trouble lately for having people tell their insurance that it was their vehicle that needed towed and not an off-road rig. So I think that with the popularity of his channel and to be sure he keeps his nose clean, he does a lot of the work gratis.

There are plenty of other jobs the company does that they do charge for, I'm sure. But as they've said on the channel several times - we don't show you the boring and routine stuff.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I love off roading.
    Side effects from driving military vehicles all over the globe in every kind of terrain for 28 years.
    Recovery operations are very interesting as well, having been involved in quite a few over the years.

Can't wait to get my Jeep build done so I can get back out on the trail.
    You're all welcome to follow along, even though it's kinda going slow right now.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I love off roading.
    Side effects from driving military vehicles all over the globe in every kind of terrain for 28 years.
    Recovery operations are very interesting as well, having been involved in quite a few over the years.

Can't wait to get my Jeep build done so I can get back out on the trail.
    You're all welcome to follow along, even though it's kinda going slow right now.
    I love your thread and your unique build. If any of you have not followed him ain’t just buying parts…

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Interesting videos. I watched the "24 hour recovery" one for the jeep way out on the trail. I would have to imagine the cost for that recovery would be $4k+ or even more. (5 people for more than 24 hours effort, plus gas, vehicle wear & tear, etc...) If something goes wrong on a trail, it really goes wrong.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Larsonboys78
    Top Bottom