• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajeandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    S. Indianapolis
    No law can stop someone from legally buying guns and delivering them to criminals, so even if private sales were illegal it would still happen because guess what? PEOPLE BREAK LAWS.

How is that so hard to understand?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Federal UBC? No. That's not an enumerated power delegated by the people and the states to the feds. No more unconstitutional laws to restore unconstitutional infringements.

I tend to agree on a philosophical level. I haven't talked myself into agreeing on a practical level yet.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    We're buying as fast as we can!
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1-black-friday-2015-sets-new-nics-record.html

Actually, that one appears to be your basic nut job. Note that he didn't hurt a single person in PP, but attacked out of it.

Attacked out of it? As in, protecting his precious? *crazy spin!*

How hard is it to get a conceal carry in California? New York hard?

Very difficult. Most counties that I'm aware of are "may issue" and most refuse to unless you have a VERY good reason.
    Hypothetical:

Would you trade submitting to universal background checks for nationwide constitutional carry?

What kind of UBC? Are we talking nationwide reciprocity "CC" or true Constitutional carry where every firearm transaction has a background check ran?
    Obama: US safe against ISIS attack - CNNPolitics.com

obama: U.S. safe from ISIS attack.......... has this delusional dip**** ever been right?

Probably alien meteor mind control.

Last time he said something about ISIS being contained France was attacked. Who's next?
    Can someone please inform me what the difference is between a universal background check and the the one the run on you when you buy a new handgun?

UBC would be every transaction would require a background check while a standard check, in a lot of states (not every state, CA is an exception I believe) is only ran when purchasing through an FFL.
    From what I understand, it depends on the county. A friend of mine near LA says you have to be a celebrity (and my friend is wealthy, but not famous).

Total internet rumor is that this county where the shooting occurred is "shall issue". But I'd be surprised if the building wasn't a gun-free zone. And even then, the pistols many of us carry would be illegal in the state of California.

There's a VERY strict list of firearms that can be carried. They have to have certain safety features. SB is close to LA county, so I'm not sure how easy it actually is to get a permit for SBC.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    No law can stop someone from legally buying guns and delivering them to criminals, so even if private sales were illegal it would still happen because guess what? PEOPLE BREAK LAWS.

How is that so hard to understand?

The best bet for govt, if they were to take action incrementally, would be to require the registration of all new firearm sales, and forbid transfers to private parties, of those weapons, unless registered too. All firearms existing prior to passage are exempt.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    The best bet for govt, if they were to take action incrementally, would be to require the registration of all new firearm sales, and forbid transfers to private parties, of those weapons, unless registered too. All firearms existing prior to passage are exempt.

That kind of move would shall we say "greatly increase the political divide and change the nature of it".

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    No link, but AG Loretta Lynch just called this a wonderful opportunity and wonderful moment to make significant change. She's not talking about cracking down on islamic terrorism, methinks.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    CNN said:
    It appears that Farook was radicalized, which contributed to his motive, though other things — like workplace grievances — may have also played a role, other law enforcement sources said.

So 99% jihad, 1% they took his stapler.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Most info I've seen so far on Farook in the conference center, from the Indystar version of USA Today:
    Nwadike said he did not see any sign that Farook was upset, and did not see him argue with anyone.
    "I have not at any time noticed any sign that he would do anything like that," he said. "I can't understand why."
    Another co-worker, Patrick Baccari, said he also was sitting at the same table as Farook, who suddenly disappeared, leaving his coat on his chair. Baccari said when the shooting started, he sought refuge in a bathroom and suffered minor wounds from shrapnel slicing through the wall.
    Baccari described Farook as reserved and said he showed no signs of unusual behavior. Earlier this year he traveled to Saudi Arabia and returned with a wife, later growing a beard, Baccari said.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Crap. I need to put INGO away while working. I just glazed over your post and thought you were talking about the constitutionality of forcing reciprocity which you did not even mention.

Heh! I thought that was odd, coming from you. :):

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: Attackers left behind a remote control bomb similar to Boston Bombing bombs at scene

Farook was in touch with more than one terrorism subject whom the FBI were already investigating, law enforcement sources tell CNN

Still, let's not rule out workplace violence.

Top Bottom