• Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Bump!

1186975_10201116980181273_402046698_n.jpg

300 meters! The grading and backstop are done, the plateau for the shoot house is done. It looks great! Can't wait to get up there and put some lead down range.

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Speaking of the possible raise in fees, As a member I have no problems paying a little more for the annual membership. I use that range often and am so appreciative of how well it's maintained.

Cant wait for that 300 range to open.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Ill just use my back yard to shoot. Granted, I can only do about 150 yards (200 if I try very hard to clear some extra space), but its free and no lines or waiting.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Here's a more recent photo of the Martinsville Conservation Club 300 Meter range under development. Photo was taken Friday Aug. 30, 2013. 25 foot tall berm in the background is 300 M from firing line marked with pink flag on elevated mound (foreground with left to right dozer tracks).

Final grading, fencing, drainage, parking, road to berm, shooting house, benches, seeding grass and safety protocols are yet to be done. Though we are now moving fast as possible towards the finish line, as we like to say..."it will be done when it's done". Rest assured it will be done right!

cheers,
    Roger

300 M range Aug 30.JPG

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    The pic I posted was taken sunday, lol.

hey Meister, does the board ever plan to allow tactical training classes I.e. "tactical" rifle, shotgun, pistol and such?
    What about long range competition and/or any competition.... ever?
    no complaints, just posing a question.
    I'd asked a few years ago and it was not " in the image of the club" at that time.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Roger that! I was there with a long time member, he told me it was coming along so we drove down and checked it out. I was floored to see how much was accomplished! I really can't wait to shoot it! It's a good thing you posted that sign!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    hey Meister, does the board ever plan to allow tactical training classes I.e. "tactical" rifle, shotgun, pistol and such?
    What about long range competition and/or any competition.... ever?
    no complaints, just posing a question.
    I'd asked a few years ago and it was not " in the image of the club" at that time.

I'm not the guy to ask. I could see that being a difficult sell due to taking a range over and cutting the usage to 2/3 capacity on a weekend. With ammo prices high, it's not too busy right now. Once that stabilizes, it will get busy again and you might have to wait for a range.

Rog is the guy to ask.

Last edited:

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm not the guy to ask. I could see that being a difficult sell due to taking a range over and cutting the usage to 2/3 capacity on a weekend. With ammo prices high, it's not too busy right now. Once that stabilizes, it will get busy again and you might have to wait for a range.

Rog is the guy to ask.

As a board member of Martinsville Sportsmans Conserv. Club, I can't pass judgement one way or the other on a one off question such as this, but if a club member wants to bring a proposal to a board meeting, we are all ears. We once had a very active pin shoot program, but interest dropped off to almost nothing and it was dropped for this year. Given the nature of our club being private and per our insurance requirements...any competition implemented would only be available to active club members, not possible to host non-members. Months when Board meetings are open to members can be found on our website... 7 pm First Thurs in Sept and Nov. are the remaining "open" meetings for 2013, held at our clubhouse.

Roger

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Updated photos and notes of progress on the 300 M range at the Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club can be seen on opening screen of our website...just scroll down a couple of frames.

Home - Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club

As a Board of Directors we too are getting excited that this range is getting near completion...it will be first class in every way! Now to figure out how what I need for new scopes on a few of my rifles...that berm looks a long way off!

Roger

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Looking good.
    20131026_155121.jpg
    20131026_155204.jpg

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    KDUBCR250, hope you don't mind...but I'm going to "borrow" your first photo above for the club website. Was out there myself day shelter was erected, but didn't take a photo looking downrange...yours is a great "view".

That shelter will soon be "furnished" with 8 shooting table/seat sets, 2 long/comfortable benches to the rear for sitting and/or gear, 2 rifle racks and a rear gutter to keep drips off gear.

Roger

We're getting there!

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I was lucky enough to be able to join about 7 years ago and I can't say enough about this facility.
    Clean and continuing to grow/improve.
    Keep it up please. Soon I hope to be able to volunteer some labor when my life returns to some state of calm.

Top Bottom