• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    This inexpensive rifle continues to impress. I know it doesn't have the aftermarket support to "trick" it out like the Ruger 10-22, but darn if this little plastic stocked marvel won't keep cloverleafing .22lr at 25yrds until you get tired of shooting! I took it out to MCFG to sight in a scope (I just can't reliably see the smallest Appleseed AQT target at 25 yrds any more :( ) and was pretty happy to see it would keep 10 rounds in a 1" square without any problem. Yeah, I know you 1000yrd shooters out there are putting your nose in the air and thinking "well, that there is only about 4MOA", but hey, I think the cheapie rifles that over-perform their price points need a call-out every once in awhile!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My buddy has a tricked out Remington 597 with a laminated stock, carbon fiber barrel, upgraded trigger, etc. I have a bone stock marlin with a walmart centerpoint scope and continually out shoot him. No different if its a decked out 10/22. I mean they look sweet but they arent worth the $$ imo.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I've been looking at picking up one of these. I have a marlin 60 that's served me well. Glad to see this is gaining the same reputation.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I bought a mint like new MARLIN 60 in the box, guy had shot 2 boxes of ammo, & he said the 22 LR was to whimpy for him, I gave him $50 & it's one hell of a shooter

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    My used Marlin 795 is super accurate, super reliable and a pleasure to shoot! I'm thinking about getting a Boyd's laminated stock for it, but somehow I think it will spoil it. There's something attractive about a rifle that performs great, but that I'm not afraid to get knocked around a bit.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    My buddy has a tricked out Remington 597 with a laminated stock, carbon fiber barrel, upgraded trigger, etc. I have a bone stock marlin with a walmart centerpoint scope and continually out shoot him. No different if its a decked out 10/22. I mean they look sweet but they arent worth the $$ imo.

You buddy either screwed up on his build, or he needs to learn to shoot.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Is that a current deal? I know I've seen this in the past, but their current circular doesn't show this. Maybe it is an unadvertised special?

I was in there yesterday, and the one in castleton had 5 or so on the rack all marked 99 bucks. Not sure how long they'll be priced at that, though.

BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    This inexpensive rifle continues to impress. I know it doesn't have the aftermarket support to "trick" it out like the Ruger 10-22, but darn if this little plastic stocked marvel won't keep cloverleafing .22lr at 25yrds until you get tired of shooting! I took it out to MCFG to sight in a scope (I just can't reliably see the smallest Appleseed AQT target at 25 yrds any more :( ) and was pretty happy to see it would keep 10 rounds in a 1" square without any problem. Yeah, I know you 1000yrd shooters out there are putting your nose in the air and thinking "well, that there is only about 4MOA", but hey, I think the cheapie rifles that over-perform their price points need a call-out every once in awhile!

I love my 795! It's a lot more accurate than I am. When I don't blow the shot it'll put a hole in the 1/2' bullseye of a Shoot N C at 100 yds. I got the rifle, a Simmons scope, a couple extra magazines, a Marlin soft case and boxes of 4 different kinds of ammo for just under $200. Nice gun for not much. :rockwoot:

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    No problem. :) what was it before the rebate? I already have a marlin, but I'm seriously considering it for the price.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    No problem. :) what was it before the rebate? I already have a marlin, but I'm seriously considering it for the price.

I can't remember the rebate amount, but it is either 25 or 30 bucks for the rebate. I can't wait to shoot this little gun. I might pick up a Shooter's Ridge 25 round magazine or two, as well.

I'll go with iron sights for awhile, but I'm thinking about a Crossman Centerpoint illuminated scope. I've read this is a great scope for the money. (around 50 bucks.)

Top Bottom