Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I am starting to see the 1895 advertised.

I’d beware of places that have it (or anything) listed for several hundred if not a grand over MRSP.

Now if a place starts out below (like an auction site) and the market takes it there that’s one thing

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Im frankly getting pretty annoyed at what has happened to the lever gun market. They've essentially doubled in price in the last 3 years. That certainly doesn't hurt the value of the ones I already own, but I bought them because I enjoy shooting them, not as a financial investment, and there are still a few more that I'd like to acquire. It's getting so I'm almost afraid to take mine out and use them because they'd be so darn expensive to replace if something happened to them. Even the much maligned Remlins are just stupid on gunbroker these days. I was hoping Ruger's acquisition of Marlin would help bring prices back down to reasonable levels, but they don't seem to be turning them out in any significant quantity, and the published MSRPs are not encouraging.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The DJ on the radio today said there's a jurassic world movie coming out, and was speculating what that'd be like in A.R. I had two thoughts.
    1. Hey! I've got a rifle specifically rated for T. Rex!
    And
    2. Imagine the barbecue! And the grill!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The DJ on the radio today said there's a jurassic world movie coming out, and was speculating what that'd be like in A.R. I had two thoughts.
    1. Hey! I've got a rifle specifically rated for T. Rex!
    And
    2. Imagine the barbecue! And the grill!

If you dug a pit and loaded it with coal, covered it, and waited, an old croc might turn out fine...

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Im frankly getting pretty annoyed at what has happened to the lever gun market. They've essentially doubled in price in the last 3 years. That certainly doesn't hurt the value of the ones I already own, but I bought them because I enjoy shooting them, not as a financial investment, and there are still a few more that I'd like to acquire. It's getting so I'm almost afraid to take mine out and use them because they'd be so darn expensive to replace if something happened to them. Even the much maligned Remlins are just stupid on gunbroker these days. I was hoping Ruger's acquisition of Marlin would help bring prices back down to reasonable levels, but they don't seem to be turning them out in any significant quantity, and the published MSRPs are not encouraging.

Whah ****ety whah.

I read somewhere that a guy with a lead eye picked up an earlier lever.... from around 1902.

Granted, some skill required.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    I have a very early production 1895G with the ported barrel that I purchased NIB at an Indy 1500 show for $450.00, OTD. Times surely have changed, eh?
    FWIW, I actually prefer it to my '60's vintage 336 in .35 Remington. Using Federal 300 gr. JHPs at approx. 1700 f/s the 95G gives my ancient shoulder a LOT less grief than Federal .35 Remington 200 gr. JSP loads in the 336 does. Even factory Remington 405 gr. JHPs are pretty soft-shooting with the barrel porting and a Pachmyr Decellerator recoil pad.

Frontiersman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    East Central Indiana
    We've seen the same thing with Winchester. A reliable 3 digit gun gets saved from becoming history and suddenly its a 4 digit gun. I guess they thought they would ride the wave. Its a crying shame, I don't have one of each model yet. Guess I need to start playing the lottery.

Top Bottom