Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm reminded of when NY demanded 15000 more ventilators, which were never used, made a big deal publicly about opening covid bedspace in MSG which was never used and received use of a hospital ship - which, you guessed it, was essentially never used

But you are right, we're all going to die

I did die.
    Right after I was turned into a newt.
    I got better.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Ok. Thank you. So now I can ask a question. Are there any studies that show one is less contagious after being vaccinated?

Isn't part of herd immunity that the vaccinated population % is higher?

That's why I have been asking the questions. I thought that vaccine rates affected herd immunity (in number of deaths).

“Will we get to herd immunity? No, very unlikely, by definition,” said Greg Poland, director of the Vaccine Research Group at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Yep. From your cite

So 34972 unvaxxed people were hospitalized out of 569142 cases, that's 34972/569142 or
    6.14% were Hospitalized

6132 unvaxxed people died out of those 34972 unvaxxed hospitalizations, that's 6132/34972 or 17.53% Hospitalized Died

2976 vaxxed people were hospitalized out of 46312 cases, that's 2976/46312 or 6.43% were Hospitalized

vaxxed people died out of 2976 vexed hospitalizations or 20.70% Hospitalized Died

CFR for unvaxxed 1.077%

CFR for vaxxed 1.330%

In the same ball park but vaxxed numbers are worse in every category
    That is one comparison.

How does the rate of hospitalization and death compare with fully vaccinated and everyone else? For example, if 170 million are fully vaccinated (not the correct number for that time period, but I don't want to dig into it right now), the incidence of hospitalization is 2975/1.7 * 10^8. Unvaxed/single jab is 34972/8 * 10^7. Rough numbers, I know, but it appears that 10 times the hospitalizations on 1/2 the number of people.

I could be wrong on the math. Corrections requested.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It's because, like I said, the vaccines have marginal protection against new and emerging variants.
    People are sold a lie that the vaccine protects them, when really it protects them from what was running rampant a year ago. It has questionable effectiveness over time and against new variants.

This is why israel is now saying they consider you un-vaxxed if you've only had 2 injections, and they're trying to roll out a 4th booster now.

We're into wack-a-mole territory where we need a treatment rather than a vaccine for combatting this. But big pharma doesn't like the concept of them not being the sole rights holders of a new and patent protected treatment, and are lobbying like hell to make sure they hold a monopoly on anything that might work.
    Exactly!

Are flu vaccines ever going to carry us to herd immunity with respect to influenza?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Fully vax'd.
    What does that mean, anyway?

I'm hearing now, they're on a 3rd shot, and talking about a 4th.
    Then there's the twice a day pill.

So, does that mean it's okay to force all that?
    And to people REALLY think if EVERYONE (100%) did that tomorrow, it would all be over?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Who started Operation Warp Speed to rush the vaccine to production? To claim that Trump said "Vaccine Bad" is disingenuous at best. Back then, you had Democrats declaring they would NEVER take a vaccine endorsed by Trump. Yet here we are, and those same people are the biggest cheerleaders for the very vaccines that got developed under Operation Warp Speed.

You seem to be blaming the people that aren't comfortable with getting the vaccine. Yet those people (you assume) are Trump supporters.

I know that thinking for oneself is foreign to you, but I assure you, it happens.
    Wasting your time with CampingJeep/JoshHammer

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Fully vax'd.

And to people REALLY think if EVERYONE (100%) did that tomorrow, it would all be over?
    US is two shots right now. I haven't heard an official word on more. It's historical, not forward looking, so you should be able to put it in historical context and debate the point from there.

over

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, not sure how to look this up.
    And EVERYTHING I type in, come up with crap from covid.

But I seem to remember that vaccines were supposed to be administered to a population, over a relatively SHORT period of time.
    Short, as in "weeks", or a "month".

Slow roll out was basically supposed to be BAD.
    Bad as in, won't eradicate, and causes variants to pop up.

Which sounds kind of familiar.

Course, I don't feel like digging through a real library, with books.
    And my Internet search is flooded with news of the day.

Anyone else remember this?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Your inalienable right does not include the ability to infect any and all with a virus, Executive orders mandate quarantine and isolation for:
    • Cholera
    • Diphtheria
    • Infectious tuberculosis
    • Plague
    • Smallpox
    • Yellow fever
    • Viral hemorrhagic fevers (like Ebola), or

• Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS, MERS, COVID-19)

LOL So pretty much everything that is coming across the southern border in mass quantites and being shipped around the country by your boy bidet.

Cry me a river, like rio grande size.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep. From your cite

So 34972 unvaxxed people were hospitalized out of 569142 cases, that's 34972/569142 or
    6.14% were Hospitalized

6132 unvaxxed people died out of those 34972 unvaxxed hospitalizations, that's 6132/34972 or 17.53% Hospitalized Died

2976 vaxxed people were hospitalized out of 46312 cases, that's 2976/46312 or 6.43% were Hospitalized

vaxxed people died out of 2976 vexed hospitalizations or 20.70% Hospitalized Died

CFR for unvaxxed 1.077%

CFR for vaxxed 1.330%

In the same ball park but vaxxed numbers are worse in every category

But remember, hard science is taboo, we can only speak in bumpersticker slogans if we want to be listened to.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Fully vax'd.

In the US it's 2 shots unless the science changes again, which to be intellectually honest with themselves it'll have to change very soon.

In Israel it's 3 shots, and they're planning on changing it to 4 as soon as the next injection is available. Considering they are taking the vaccine the most serious of any country, if you subscribe to the vax, then Israel is who you should look to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom