Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Now c’mon. You left off the relevant part of that. You can’t have it both ways. “Yeah, but WHY are people talking about it more?” Why ask that question if the answer is, because it’s in the news. Why is it in the news? Because people are claiming that it’s caused by covid or the vaccine. Searches do nothing to prove anything beyond public interest just like searching for Russian collusion proves nothing but public interest.
    this.gif

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh I see how this is played...

“Because of your stance on Covid numbers being inflated in the past, any future evidence disproving my beliefs is discredited, no matter the factual evidence within”

Sorry, I realize my mistake was thinking you held an unbiased opinion and was looking for actual data to prove/disprove the effectiveness of the vaccine.
    Why do I keep coming back to this this thread and clicking "Show ignore". :rolleyes:

This week (And it's only Tuesday) you've:
    A) Tried to use Google searches to prove causation
    B) Quoted Yahoo!'s story with minimal verifiable data
    C) Misquoted Yahoo!'s story
    D) Accused others of being biased when it's pretty clear you're actively trying to portray the vaccines in a negative light.
    E) Changed from "There's over-reporting of COVID deaths!" to "If you tested positive in the last month, then you died from COVID."
    F) Doubled down when called out on bad statistics:
    Are YOU intentionally trying to fool people? I posted an article, from yahoo, certainly not a conservative “alt” media site. Anything showing statistics that are against your beliefs is misinformation, right?

[snipped out quote of JettaKnight]

Let’s see.

95/100 people are vaccinated. 50 people die. Of those 50, 46 were vaccinated. 4 weren’t. Meaning of those that died, 92% were vaxxed, leaving 8% not.

Math is hard.

Wait... did you read that?

95% total population vaxxed.
    92% of deaths were vaxxed people.
    I.e. You're less likely to died if vaxxed.

Did you really mean to make that point?

Look dude, if you've got a story with the headline, "If you get vaxxed, you're more likely to die of [xxxx], than if an un-vaxxed person of COVID." I'm all ears; seriously, people (inlc. lawyers, doctors, journalist) really want to know if it's dangerous. But right now, it all rings of chicken little. You don't want it, cool. Seriously, I hate these mandates. I'm vaxxed, but that was my choice, and I think no one should be coerced. And if you don't want it, that's cool too. It just seems like you're trying to prove it's dangerous to justify a position.

Otherwise it just looks like you have an agenda, and are tossing vegetables and knives in the air and hoping you get a Caesar salad.
    I'll give you credit - for most part you cite legit sources, and I've never seen you go off the deep end.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That more searches mean something happened causing people to search it?

But wait. Didn’t you just say that the virus can cause myocarditis? And didn’t you just say that the vaccine can cause myocarditis? But a trend in people searching it doesn’t show something obviously happened to draw interest in it? So, it’s just a coincidence then?
    Yes. And here you are trying to prove the thing you keep insisting you’re not trying to prove. My whole point is the logic you’re using to do that. It’s not a good argument for that. Data on cases of myocarditis is. Either we have more cases now, or not. If so, it’s either being caused by covid/vaccines, or not. Increased internet searches could be the same whether it’s fake news or not.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Based on those numbers, the benefit of vaccination is only marginal.
    If you want to make the claim, "the vaccine is ineffective", I certainly won't bristle as much as if someone makes the claim, that you're more likely to die if you get vaccinated. The latter certainly isn't true* and when someone tries to make that case their own evidence betrays them.

* EDIT: It might possibly be true (like their might possibly be aliens), but there's nothing to indicate that.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you want to make the claim, "the vaccine is ineffective", I certainly won't bristle as much as if someone makes the claim, that you're more likely to die if you get vaccinated. The latter certainly isn't true and when someone tries to make that case their own evidence betrays them.
    During Rogan’s infamous podcast with Gupta, they brought up an article in some medical journal that referenced a study saying males between 12 and 18, were more likely to end up in the hospital from the vaccine than from covid. I have not found that article, but I have to admit I didn’t look.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    How many vaccinated from polio died of polio in a month
    The Pfizer vaccine is about 50% effective against the delta variant. The Astra-Zenica vaccine is about 3% effective.

The Moderna vaccine is about eighty-something percent effective against the delta variant. In the UK, where that data is from, the Pfizer and Astra-Zenica vaccines are used and the Pfizer the most used. I am not astonished by the 2000 number.

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    If you want to make the claim, "the vaccine is ineffective", I certainly won't bristle as much as if someone makes the claim, that you're more likely to die if you get vaccinated. The latter certainly isn't true* and when someone tries to make that case their own evidence betrays them.

* EDIT: It might possibly be true (like their might possibly be aliens), but there's nothing to indicate that.
    You've certainly bristled at the claim that the vaccines are ineffective in the past. Don't make me find the receipts.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Why do I keep coming back to this this thread and clicking "Show ignore". :rolleyes:

This week (And it's only Tuesday) you've:
    A) Tried to use Google searches to prove causation
    B) Quoted Yahoo!'s story with minimal verifiable data
    C) Misquoted Yahoo!'s story
    D) Accused others of being biased when it's pretty clear you're actively trying to portray the vaccines in a negative light.
    E) Changed from "There's over-reporting of COVID deaths!" to "If you tested positive in the last month, then you died from COVID."
    F) Doubled down when called out on bad statistics:

Wait... did you read that?

95% total population vaxxed.
    92% of deaths were vaxxed people.
    I.e. You're less likely to died if vaxxed.

Did you really mean to make that point?

Look dude, if you've got a story with the headline, "If you get vaxxed, you're more likely to die of [xxxx], than if an un-vaxxed person of COVID." I'm all ears; seriously, people (inlc. lawyers, doctors, journalist) really want to know if it's dangerous. But right now, it all rings of chicken little. You don't want it, cool. Seriously, I hate these mandates. I'm vaxxed, but that was my choice, and I think no one should be coerced. And if you don't want it, that's cool too. It just seems like you're trying to prove it's dangerous to justify a position.

Otherwise it just looks like you have an agenda, and are tossing vegetables and knives in the air and hoping you get a Caesar salad.
    I'll give you credit - for most part you cite legit sources, and I've never seen you go off the deep end.
    Glad you know your abc’s. At least you got that going for you.

Keep me on ignore, do us both a favor.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    If over 2,000 doubled vaxxed people died, that doesn’t say much of the vaccine. Less than 500 unvaxxed died. Of course, 5% of the population is unvaxxed, so 500 people of that 5% means a “higher percentage” of unvaxxed died by playing the percentage/number game... but the fact is over 2,000 vaccinated dead vs less than 500 unvaccinated.

If the vaccine were efficient, there wouldn’t be 2,000 dead vaccinated people in the last month in a single country.

How many people died of polio after receiving the polio vaccine? (Is it whataboutism because it uses an example of an instance on the same topic that disproves the vaccine? Curious how that works on the left)
    They gave you the math. You don't need to guesstimate further.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Again, I’ve said that it doesn’t correlate to cases of myocarditis... probably 3 times if you wanna read back. The point is, why myocarditis, why now? What spiked interest in it? Do you think someone just picked a random disease and said “let’s claim this is a side effect of the vaccine” and the entire world began believing/searching it?
    You need to stop negotiating with yourself. You may end up knocking yourself out. :)

Correlation and causation, amigo. Sometimes they agree. Sometimes not. But, when they don't, it's best not to continue to dig the hole looking for the lost "r".

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well, seeing as it's still under emergency use status, it would seem that the promos should provide the same warnings, since I don't believe it can be legally advertised. Oh, you know what I bet it is? It's because those other medications have gone through exhaustive long-term R&D and testing. You know, so they actually know what the possible side effects are.
    No, if president Brandon tells you to take it, it’s not an advertisement! He knows what is best for us! Bow to your sensei!

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Also, not to add the obvious, but I know you’re saying the Joe rogan podcast is a possible reason for the spike in searches. But why was rogan discussing myocarditis NOW? Again, it isn’t new... so what happened recently that’s given myocarditis such attention? Surely that is somewhat telling in itself. They didn’t just pick a disease and begin discussing it all over the world this last year.
    I’ve forgotten the details of the myocardial discussions, but maybe people were interested because Rogan OWNED Gupta for the whole show. Gupta just talked in circles and deflected the whole time.

In other words, Rogan listeners would tend to believe it at least look into what Rogan says, and that’s a lot of people. If Rogan says it’s true, it probably is.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom