Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't see how this is even possible to believe. The more time passes the more I'm convinced the republican party is a branch of the democrat party. The evidence is there that all these people serve each other rather than the public, and that the public disagreements are settled in private with handshakes and hugs.

I also really don't see how someone doesn't see the democrats bullying people. I mean what do you think cheering for unvaxxed deaths is? Or basically any action taken by pelosi in the past decade? What about all of us here, as gun owners? We've been bullied by the democrats for the better part of a century.

They're all bullies living in an ivory tower who hate the public and only serve the interest of the largest and most powerful corporations. There's only 1 person I can think of in the whole of congress who seems to even have a tangible ideology and is committed to it.
    I’d say the establishment pols are the same. The things Chuck Schumer and Mitch McConnell might argue over tend to be the things their base want. If Mich were’t the Senator from KY would he really give a flying **** about the 2A?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Which means, you really didn't know anything definitive, but chose to laugh rather than research to counter my point.

That is why the far right doesn't earn respect. They aren't interested in knowledge. Just selfish memes.
    There is no real research. I actually did look around, thus why I said there was a 97% drop. That is the number that was thrown around.

Do I believe that there were fewer cases of influenza viruses due to all of the measures in place, sure. 97%? No. We weren't locked down that much.

Who knew that influenza was so easy to defeat?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    From Scientific American. About as reputable a source as I know outside of actual peer-reviewed research papers.

It had no more research than any article I read. They "think" that is why.

Since the novel coronavirus began its global spread, influenza cases reported to the World Health Organization from the Northern and Southern Hemispheres have dropped to minute levels. The reason, epidemiologists think, is that the public health measures taken to keep the coronavirus from spreading—notably mask wearing and social distancing—also stop the flu. Influenza viruses are transmitted in much the same way as SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and they are less effective at jumping from person to person

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You mentioned forcing people to stay home, hence the police line of thought. As for the rest, you’ve been watching too much Black Mirror.
    Australia got like they are because there are too many people who want that to be the state of things. Policy is downstream from culture. And we’re in a culture war with those who think just like the Australians pushing all this.

This isn’t Black Mirror fantacies. When the culture of individualism is replaced by the culture of collectivism, the US will have the same kinds of policies. We’re not a minority yet. We’re not like Australia yet. It’s undeniable that a very large portion of the US thinks like they do. A recent gallop poll shewed that >60% of Americans support vaccine mandates. And the idea of punishment for non conformity is growing darker.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, if you wish to remain unconvinced, no amount of evidence is as valuable as some evidence, I suppose. :)
    Is the immediate discussion about not being vaccinated or is it about doubting the narrative about why there haven’t been many reported flu cases? Obviously this thread is about the former. But if this post is in response to the latter, it seems like a non-sequitur in that immediate context.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    J: Funny what happens when you have people on ignore ( I use ignore as a tool to either be cautious about responses to the poster or to skip over hardliners repeating ideology or Fox propaganda), they disappear from the page. I was responding to KLB. As a side note, duplicating posts in order to respond appears to me to be an inefficient method to read a thread on a phone, but it does eliminate confusion. A tradeoff that isn't always comfortable.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    It had no more research than any article I read. They "think" that is why.

Agreed.

Since the novel coronavirus began its global spread, influenza cases reported to the World Health Organization from the Northern and Southern Hemispheres have dropped to minute levels. The reason, epidemiologists think, is that the public health measures taken to keep the coronavirus from spreading—notably mask wearing and social distancing—also stop the flu. Influenza viruses are transmitted in much the same way as SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and they are less effective at jumping from person to person

I personally think this is garbage. I've read plenty of studies suggesting mask wearing and social distancing don't and can't work as intended. The virus is airborne, so social distancing does little to nothing. Similarly, the weaves of most masks are too large to keep out the virus. As I've said before, when we thought it was only transmitted via bodily fluids, masks made a great deal of sense. Once we knew it was airborne, mask mandates and social distancing are a farce. What has made a difference is that fewer people are being in contact with others. More people now work from home, meaning they don't come into daily contact with the same amount of people. Even when people go out, there is a tendency to avoid others as much as possible. I believe that accounts for more than any fake measures such as masking or 6 foot social distancing, which are scientifically invalid.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    I received my letter last week.
    We are Government contracted with 100+ employees.
    Exemption submitted.

They are short handed, and have been for awhile. Said they have 1900 un-vaxxed right now.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sure.

Aspirin is one of the medicines most often snarkily cited by advocates of that line of thinking. And it's not just aspirin. ****ing Tums, for crying out loud, is on that list. As if the development of antacids relied on research with aborted fetuses. Dude, if you're gonna cite the claim, generic as it was, at least you should know what claim you're making. Or maybe stop making it. They weren't "developed" using those cell lines. The covid vaccines were developed using them.
    Well dude, I didn't make that claim, or cite anything like that, so put away that strawman. If others are talking about aspirin, then confront them; don't use me as a proxy. Plus it seems like a low hanging fruit argument. Obviously you have some list of medications in mind, and you picked the one item you could dispute.

My stance is that getting vaccinated no more supports abortion than putting Aunt Jamima on your pancakes supports slavery.

Edit: thinking about, if using these medicines or vaccines actually created a demand for abortions, I'd be on board - that thought is ghastly.

But it's a cell line that's decades old. I just can't help but think it's pharisaical. It's like the Levite passing the injured man on the side of the road - "I'd help end this pandemic, but those vaccines are unclean."

And if someone says, "well that's not the only reason not to get vaccinated", then this whole abortion issue is just a smokescreen. My connection it's that the abortion issue seems to only show up when there's other motives.

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Well dude, I didn't make that claim, or cite anything like that, so put away that strawman. If others are talking about aspirin, then confront them; don't use me as a proxy. Plus it seems like a low hanging fruit argument. Obviously you have some list of medications in mind, and you picked the one item you could dispute.

My stance is that getting vaccinated no more supports abortion than putting Aunt Jamima on your pancakes supports slavery.
    Well that's not for you to decide, unless you're claiming to be the Almighty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom