Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And I don't think you fully understand that issue.

https://www.russellmoore.com/2021/03/03/is-the-johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-unethical/

https://religionnews.com/2021/08/18/pope-francis-declares-getting-a-covid-19-vaccine-an-act-of-love/

https://religionnews.com/2021/08/13...ing-religious-exemption-to-covid-19-vaccines/

https://religionnews.com/2021/09/15...emptions-a-religious-liberty-expert-explains/

And I haven't contracted COVID, so I can smell BS when it's around, and it's thick on this. No one has any problems with countless medicines based on those ancient stem cell lines(i.e. from the 1970's). But a controversial vaccine comes out and suddenly there's a rash of piety?

:bs:
    ADD4AA76-95E4-47DD-9F31-3C65216459A0.jpeg

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    And I don't think you fully understand that issue.

https://www.russellmoore.com/2021/03/03/is-the-johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-unethical/

https://religionnews.com/2021/08/18/pope-francis-declares-getting-a-covid-19-vaccine-an-act-of-love/

https://religionnews.com/2021/08/13...ing-religious-exemption-to-covid-19-vaccines/

https://religionnews.com/2021/09/15...emptions-a-religious-liberty-expert-explains/

And I haven't contracted COVID, so I can smell BS when it's around, and it's thick on this. No one has any problems with countless medicines based on those ancient stem cell lines(i.e. from the 1970's). But a controversial vaccine comes out and suddenly there's a rash of piety?

:bs:
    Since when is the Catholic Church allowed to determine what every Christian believes?
    The reformation happened a couple hundred years ago you know.....

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you're ok with using aborted fetuses just say so. I'm not ok with it you see. That is not BS that is my belief.
    And if you're ok with keeping your head in the sand, that's fine with me too.

"Do your research."

The two mRNA vaccines didn't use those stem cell lines, and neither did the one Houghmade took.

If you're afraid of any or all of the vaccines, just man up and admit it; quit hiding behind the abortion issue. Your true objections are plainly obvious from all your posts.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    When it comes to the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines, fetal cell line HEK 293 was used during the research and development phase. All HEK 293 cells are descended from tissue taken from a 1973 abortion that took place in the Netherlands.

Having had covid and recovered I have no need for a experimental vaccine at this time. If that changes I will ask for your medical advice. So have no need for a religious exemption but I do still believe in the 6th commandment.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Your ignorance of various religious texts is astonishing.

That's like telling a muslim "well this was smoke cured pork and is a few years old, so it's different!"

It doesn't even need to be ignorance of religious texts, you're just arrogant as all hell.
    I had to laugh out loud at seeing that written by you.

Two out of the three vaccines didn't use those stem cells. Which should end this line of anti-vax reasoning.

A) it's my own tribe doing this (white evangelicals)
    B) a majority of the people now concerned likely have some medicine in their cabinet developed using these cell lines.
    C) it is anti-abortion, and not pro-life (they're not the same anymore)
    D) there's pastors selling indulgences church memberships and exemptions
    E) with other things (e.g. race) the response is, "that's the past, we can't fix it". But here we are worrying about cells from a deaths aborted some forty -odd years ago.

on the other hand:
    A) these mandates are a horrible idea
    B) if your employer accepts an exemption request (or not), well, I guess that's their perrogitive.

Tombs, weren't you calling out people for acting like Johnny Paycheck and marching out? But now you're advocating for people to kowtow and play within the system?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Since when is the Catholic Church allowed to determine what every Christian believes?
    The reformation happened a couple hundred years ago you know.....
    That's just one. Feel free to look up leaders from your own denomination.

I also posted a link from the (former) ethicist of the largest protestant denomination in America (did you miss it?)

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    2 new studies showing vaccinated people can contact and pass on new variants "easily" to both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Money quote for me "I’m beginning to think that the responsible thing to do if you’re low-risk is to contract actual Covid so that you have the superior natural immunity."

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    I just want to be left alone. Coincidentally, this desire was the very catalyst that ignited the American Revolution. If you read the Declaration of Independence, the foundation on which each listed grievance stands is a desire to essentially be left alone.
    Someone on here has a signature about two types of people, those that want to be left alone and those that want to tell people what to do. Doug Casey on YouTube says the latter always end up in politics. Now we have them all over in society, formerly with no authority, and now believing they can boss people around about masks. Never turns out well.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    It’s my understanding the Catholic Church has no objection to either of the mRNA vaccines.

Edit, (for those making incorrect assertions here):

J&J vaccine is OK, too, if one of the mRNA vaccines isn’t available:

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    One of the stupidest parts of the mandate is how it affects everyone at our company. There's a very large population of employees that haven't been in the office for months. Why does their vaccination status matter? There should be a "work from home" exemption.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    2 new studies showing vaccinated people can contact and pass on new variants "easily" to both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Money quote for me "I’m beginning to think that the responsible thing to do if you’re low-risk is to contract actual Covid so that you have the superior natural immunity."

I said in March of 2020 that at some point we'd see COVID parties similar to chicken pox parties where parents get kids together to expose them to the virus.

I don't know if we'll ever see that blunt of an effort around COVID, but honestly, it seems like getting a dose or two of the shot, followed by exposure and contraction to develop natural anti-bodies, might be a viable approach for some younger, healthy people.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    One of the stupidest parts of the mandate is how it affects everyone at our company. There's a very large population of employees that haven't been in the office for months. Why does their vaccination status matter? There should be a "work from home" exemption.

That was one of the biggest issues I had with my employer. They had sent out an email talking about a telecommuter exception, but then walked it back the next day.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    It’s my understanding the Catholic Church has no objection to either of the mRNA vaccines.

Edit, (for those making incorrect assertions here):

J&J vaccine is OK, too, if one of the mRNA vaccines isn’t available:

Another reason why I find what Archbishop Vigano says oh so very interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom