• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    The inability for anarchists to recognize a societal benefit is why it has never flourished. Bootstraps don't always correlate with a livable society.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Didn't you know? He faked his death so he could escape notoriety and he lived a quite life as a mail clerk in Joplin Missouri. He died at the age of 85 in 1936. One thing that many don't know is that Doc never really did have TB, he just smoked a lot.

And drank like a fish, gambled like a fiend, whored with the best of them and shoot a lot of people. Good times.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    TB is nasty stuff, and costs LOTS of money to get rid of it. The antibiotics are expensive, the time off work is expensive. The disease itself is pretty treatable, however, the problem lies in that many people only take the ATB's until their symptoms go away. TB ATB's and treatment looks a LOT like rehab. We really don't want it becoming more resistant than it already is. If my memory serves me correctly, TB is standardly treated with multiple ATB's so as to try to prevent it becoming resistant. TB is pretty spectacular at becoming antibiotic resistant, which sucks for trying to treat and prevent the spread of the disease. It's not that someone is being an *******, that "*******" is trying to prevent the disease from becoming truly resistant to our antibiotics.

I am required to have a mantoux annually and upon suspicion of TB exposure. TB spreads pretty quickly in groups of people who are relatively close to each other (schools, office, healthcare facility, etc.) And typically, you don't even have to touch the person to become "exposed" as it's an airborne pathogen.

Top Bottom