• Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    never!!!

I think there is 4 classes of LEO'S

there are some good cops.....then you have good ones that just turn around and act like they don't see anything.......then you have good cops but that would cover up for his blue brothers.....then you have the bad one's....

So, I do think most are good but with flaws to protect the blue line....then you have......

And if one was trying to harm me or my family ie: a police dog on the loose or a cop that has had a bad day.....I would not have a problem defending myself...

These are not just your average dog. They are highly trained and do exactly what they are commanded to do. So if they are attacking you or your family you should probably be looking into what your doing that is against the law, before trying taking out the police dog.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    First of all, has anyone read the affidavit about the incident? Now let's go on to the dog and it's mentality. I have been around many of them. When they are in a police car they are at work. If someone comes up to the car (even a police officer) they will bark. It is a learned quality of the dog. I have also seen a half dozen 1st graders crawl all over a K-9 with no mishaps. I also know that when the dog is working, officers should keep their distance.

If you have ever heard a police scanner? When a k-9 unit responds with lights and siren you will hear the dog in the back ground barking. It knows it's duties and services are being called upon. I haven't read the affadavit either but it sounds like the guy should not have done what he did. Not good to taunt an K-9. I or we don't know what happened afterwards meaning if the officers arrested him for that or for being a butt head afterwards.

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If you have ever heard a police scanner? When a k-9 unit responds with lights and siren you will hear the dog in the back ground barking. It knows it's duties and services are being called upon.

If you watch COPS, every police dog does this, they seem to know when it's time to work and time to play

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Isin't that kinda like saying you support the troops but not the war?

Not to be stupid, but is that not also a reasonable stance? I support LEOs that enforce the law and protect my rights: I do not support a man being arrested for mockingly barking back at a K-9 unit and being charged with "abuse".

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Not to be stupid, but is that not also a reasonable stance? I support LEOs that enforce the law and protect my rights: I do not support a man being arrested for mockingly barking back at a K-9 unit and being charged with "abuse".

According to the OP, the man was barking and the dog barked back...

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    These are not just your average dog. They are highly trained and do exactly what they are commanded to do. So if they are attacking you or your family you should probably be looking into what your doing that is against the law, before trying taking out the police dog.

yeah because we know that a LEO or dog, do as they are supposed to....and never harm the public, without reason......you might want to pull up them rose colored glasses on occasion....

And before it is said.....I have NO record other than traffic offenses.....speeding 1x and disobeying a auto signal 1x.....

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    First of all, has anyone read the affidavit about the incident? Now let's go on to the dog and it's mentality. I have been around many of them. When they are in a police car they are at work. If someone comes up to the car (even a police officer) they will bark. It is a learned quality of the dog. I have also seen a half dozen 1st graders crawl all over a K-9 with no mishaps. I also know that when the dog is working, officers should keep their distance.

If you have ever heard a police scanner? When a k-9 unit responds with lights and siren you will hear the dog in the back ground barking. It knows it's duties and services are being called upon. I haven't read the affadavit either but it sounds like the guy should not have done what he did. Not good to taunt an K-9. I or we don't know what happened afterwards meaning if the officers arrested him for that or for being a butt head afterwards.

Also, if you have a LEO friend or have a scanner, when the dog is on scene the dispatcher will broadcast that and tell all officers to get in their cars or a building. These dogs WORK and they excell at it.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    If you watch COPS, every police dog does this, they seem to know when it's time to work and time to play
    Most of the time the dog will take on characteristic of the handler. At times we can actually play with the dog with no problems. They like the attention also.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    yeah because we know that a LEO or dog, do as they are supposed to....and never harm the public, without reason......you might want to pull up them rose colored glasses on occasion....

And before it is said.....I have NO record other than traffic offenses.....speeding 1x and disobeying a auto signal 1x.....

and the public never harms LE without reason

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Introducing dangerous hyperaggressive animals which are obviously uncontrollable and undisciplined into our communities.

Haha, uncontrollable and undisciplined... I'd be willing to wager that these dogs are better "controlled and disciplined" than 90-95% of HUMANS doing jobs. They are very good at what they do. They are controlled by their handler and they do their job with an extremely high success rate. Furthermore, they are not "introduced into our communities, rather, they are kept in their cages and only deployed when necessary. :rolleyes:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    sounds like the defense could make a case for police harassment however...

Walker said he observed 25-year-old Ryan Stephens with his face about 2 inches from the rear window of the police vehicle, barking and hissing at Timber.
    When Walker questioned Stephens about why he was barking at the dog, Stephens replied, "He started it. He was harassing me."

Read more: Man Cited For Barking At Mason Police Dog - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN

And how many of those dogs do you think are police dogs. I'm going to say a very minimal amount.. That's going to be those dogs that have no training or very minimal. Not the 15000$ police dog that has been trained since birth, and continues to be awarded for showing what their training does for them day in and day out.

Like I said, if one of these POLICE dogs are attacking you then... you should look into what you are doing. If they are NOT coming for you then you haven't done anything wrong and you have no worries about having to shoot one.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    When Walker questioned Stephens about why he was barking at the dog, Stephens replied, "He started it. He was harassing me."

Is that like smacking your two year old in the face and then when the cop goes to arrest you for it proclaiming, "He started it!"?

:laugh:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    There are SOPs and laws preventing K-9s to be dispatched to runs other than felony violators. The cannot be used on a junevile or used in a simple misdemeanor case.

Top Bottom