• ...and so much more!
  • william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    #2 doesnt say it was fixed.

I get that...It says that they said it's malware free...I'm just saying as have others that something is still wrong. This is the only site I visit that pops up that warning and the Trojan warning. It happens as soon as ingo loads and doesn't do it anywhere else. Maybe those people are full of poo. So here's post #21 saying something's still wrong,

Chezuki I've seen the INGO Bugatti...It's really a Honda with a wrap. I'll be sure to give Fenway an earful when I see him at the 1500. I need to talk to him about getting a vendor section started anyway.

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    I dont disagree, i never stated other wise.

As i said earlier, ive never gotten it & i use Norton as well as another user does that did get it, so could it still be a false +, it certainly can.

Added note: Ive sent the publisher emails, 10 times at least, to address the fooking ad block image in the navbar ad placement, he continually ignores that question as if it didnt get asked.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Cool, I'm gonna stop complaining now. Despite what you might think of me after reading this thread complaining isn't really my nature.

I don't think it's a false + cause about every other time it happens to me my computer starts acting funny about opening new sites or INGO pages until I do a full scan. Seems weird that it only comes from here. I don't know much about virus stuff any way....Should just buy a Mac!

AnthonyG

Gentard
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Ann Arbor
    You can complain all you want, problem is no one from INGO can fix it, as the ads come from the publisher tacticalrepublic who states that they're ads dont have any malware in them or those sites.

Only thing i can do is remove the ad campaign, which ive already done once as previously posted.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I dont disagree, i never stated other wise.

As i said earlier, ive never gotten it & i use Norton as well as another user does that did get it, so could it still be a false +, it certainly can.

Added note: Ive sent the publisher emails, 10 times at least, to address the fooking ad block image in the navbar ad placement, he continually ignores that question as if it didnt get asked.

When I get service like that, I change vendors. Just sayin'...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Well, if INGO cant stop the malicious ads being served by a 3rd party, and you are one of a handful that are seeing them, Its probably time to look into ad blocker software. :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    aaand now I just noticed that tactical republic is now feeding misleading ads that look like windows error messages to trick novices into think they actually have a problem when they dont. Even more of a reason for Fenway to ditch them.

misleading.PNG

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    aaand now I just noticed that tactical republic is now feeding misleading ads that look like windows error messages to trick novices into think they actually have a problem when they dont. Even more of a reason for Fenway to ditch them.

misleading.PNG

What kind of scummy company is that, anyway?

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I've gotten these too. Not just here at work but also at home. I've done my fair share of Website work. It really is not that hard to swap out a single ad location. Sign up to any other ad creator site (like Google ads) . Delete the old string of text and insert the new.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've gotten these too. Not just here at work but also at home. I've done my fair share of Website work. It really is not that hard to swap out a single ad location. Sign up to any other ad creator site (like Google ads) . Delete the old string of text and insert the new.

That's not how website ads work, and you should know that if you've done "your fair share of website work". The difficulty in replacing the ad serving code is not the issue. There is almost certainly a contract in place and if the ad company claims that their ads are not infected then they're likely to feel that they have cause to claim breach of contract (and they'd be right). Up to this point, there is no actual proof that any ad served by any of INGO's ad companies is infected. There is only hearsay, conjecture, and speculation. "This is the only place I get an alert, so INGO must be infected" does not constitute actual proof.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    That's not how website ads work, and you should know that if you've done "your fair share of website work". The difficulty in replacing the ad serving code is not the issue. There is almost certainly a contract in place and if the ad company claims that their ads are not infected then they're likely to feel that they have cause to claim breach of contract (and they'd be right). Up to this point, there is no actual proof that any ad served by any of INGO's ad companies is infected. There is only hearsay, conjecture, and speculation. "This is the only place I get an alert, so INGO must be infected" does not constitute actual proof.

I've never dealt with website contracts. And it most certainly is how website ads work, its how all websites work, on the ones I've dealt with. Strings of text.

I'm not trying to pick a fight of throw a dig at INGO management.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've never dealt with website contracts. And it most certainly is how website ads work, its how all websites work, on the ones I've dealt with. Strings of text.

I'm not trying to pick a fight of throw a dig at INGO management.

Well, you obviously know how the business side of INGO operates, so I won't try to second-guess you or your expertise.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Well, you obviously know how the business side of INGO operates, so I won't try to second-guess you or your expertise.

and I then will not second guess how you missed what I put in english.

"I've never dealt with website contracts"

"most certainly is how website ads work, its how all websites work, on the ones I've dealt with"

I was agreeing on the contracts since I've never dealt with them, not know the backside to INGO, and saying that websites are only text strings read by the browser.

Somehow that pissed in your cheerios. Sorry

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And I'm telling you in plain English, that this website is not as simple as "changing out a string of text". From a strictly technical standpoint, that's true. But my point that you seem to have missed is that the ISSUE is much more complicated that that. You can't just replace code when you have contracts in place and especially not based on hearsay. AnthonyG even told you that in post #2. He said that he removed the code, but that he was required to replace it.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    And I'm telling you in plain English, that this website is not as simple as "changing out a string of text". From a strictly technical standpoint, that's true. But my point that you seem to have missed is that the ISSUE is much more complicated that that. You can't just replace code when you have contracts in place and especially not based on hearsay. AnthonyG even told you that in post #2. He said that he removed the code, but that he was required to replace it.

Once again. I didn't miss it.

""I've never dealt with website contracts"

"most certainly is how website ads work, its how all websites work, on the ones I've dealt with"

I was agreeing on the contracts since I've never dealt with them, not know the backside to INGO, and saying that websites are only text strings read by the browser.

Somehow that pissed in your cheerios. Sorry"

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Was it the "hearsay, conjecture, and speculation" code that was removed and put back Scutter01?

Not sure what proof could be given other than the screenshot that was posted. If AnthonyG removed it and then did his job by putting it back after he was told to do so... I speculate that he knows what it is that is setting off the warnings. Whether it's a virus or not is beyond my knowledge.

Sure makes me want to renew my site supporter membership when people have an issue that gets turned into a middle school pissing match with an ex mod basically saying that we're just making all this up. Nothing like getting verbally abused for trying to help make the site better!

Have a good day

Top Bottom