• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Was it the "hearsay, conjecture, and speculation" code that was removed and put back Scutter01?

Not sure what proof could be given other than the screenshot that was posted. If AnthonyG removed it and then did his job by putting it back after he was told to do so... I speculate that he knows what it is that is setting off the warnings. Whether it's a virus or not is beyond my knowledge.

Sure makes me want to renew my site supporter membership when people have an issue that gets turned into a middle school pissing match with an ex mod basically saying that we're just making all this up. Nothing like getting verbally abused for trying to help make the site better!

Have a good day

I didn't see any screen shot of the page that allegedly has an infection. All I saw was a screen shot of a warning from their antivirus, which is not at all the same thing. There's literally nothing for AnthonyG to go on, and all he can do is to report it to the ad provider. He did so. They evaluated it and determined that it wasn't coming from them. If you could point at a page and say "here are all the elements I'm seeing on the page when I get a warning pop up", then there would be more to go on. We could see each of the ads and all of the graphics and so forth. We could say "Oh, it looks like it may be the ad for company $FOO by advertising agency $BAR.

I can tell you that in all the time I was a mod, though, every single instance of a virus warning turned out to be either a false alarm or an infection on the local computer. With 30,000+ members, statistically we should be seeing many many more reports than the small handful we've seen so far. Neither Anthony nor any other person responsible for maintaining the site has been able to identify any infection on INGO whatsoever. I do not believe that Anthony would return known-infected code to the site as part of his job is to ensure the integrity of the site. I believe that he removed suspected code, but returned it when there was no evidence that it was infected. I also never said that anyone was "making it up". I said that the proof that has been shown is inadequate to troubleshoot the issue and is insufficient to warrant breaking a contract with the ad provider.

I'm sorry if you feel that I somehow still speak for INGO because I'm an ex-mod. I don't like getting verbally abused either, but we're now into 40 posts of people complaining and ignoring the things being said by the people who are trying to help.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom