• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Ditto, I thought the Magpul reps. really presented the Masada "system" very well on that show. It will be interesting to see how Bushy markets the weapon......
    I watched some videos on this and the FN SCAR the other night. After watching the segment on Future Weapons, I wouldn't mind having one of these.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It looks like the FN SCAR and ACR (Masada) have a lot of similarities. I think I read something about that in a gun mag. Can't wait to see them in person.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    It looks like the FN SCAR and ACR (Masada) have a lot of similarities. I think I read something about that in a gun mag. Can't wait to see them in person.
    I thought the same thing. The one big difference I can see is that the Masada's barrel removes with a simple twist lock, whereas the SCAR requires the removal of 6 screws.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    i'm just scared of the "small changes" between the initial release and mass production. lets hope bushmaster does'nt ruin it. so far i have heard about an improved ambi charging handle and thats been it.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    i'm just scared of the "small changes" between the initial release and mass production. lets hope bushmaster does'nt ruin it. so far i have heard about an improved ambi charging handle and thats been it.

Different charging handle (the new one looks kind of big though) and a different stock are the obvious bits. The new stock is more triangular like the CTR and UBR and therefore is stronger than the older unsupported style or the robot leg style of the M93B.

The other not so noticeable change was in the quick change barrel mechanism. It now has a built in ratcheting mechanism to tighten the barrel down as opposed to a quarter turn setup. My guess is that the old style wasn't tightening down well enough.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Different charging handle (the new one looks kind of big though) and a different stock are the obvious bits. The new stock is more triangular like the CTR and UBR and therefore is stronger than the older unsupported style or the robot leg style of the M93B.

The other not so noticeable change was in the quick change barrel mechanism. It now has a built in ratcheting mechanism to tighten the barrel down as opposed to a quarter turn setup. My guess is that the old style wasn't tightening down well enough.

It should be mentioned that all those changes were made by Magpul prior to the signing of the partnership with Bushmaster. A lot of people have expressed concern that "Bushmaster's gonna screw up the design," but so far they haven't touched a thing.

Unfortunately, the official word from BM now is that the release date has been pushed back to 1st quarter 2009... D'Oh!

Last edited:

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    any news on theese? i have'nt found anything lately about this beast

New news? No

It still looks great, but 2 things are pushing me away from the ACR and the FN Scar

PRICE - For the price these will be pulling I can get 2 AR15s:n00b:

Release Date - Neither company has given a firm date, (as far as I know)....I talked to my dealer this past week and he said FN is trying to make it this year, but it will likely be pushed back and he heard that the ACR isn't even shooting to come out this year:noway:

So if they're coming out early next year, we may not be able to get either.

If you want something like these rifles that is available right now you should take a look at Robinson XCR.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    New news? No

It still looks great, but 2 things are pushing me away from the ACR and the FN Scar

PRICE - For the price these will be pulling I can get 2 AR15s:n00b:

Release Date - Neither company has given a firm date, (as far as I know)....I talked to my dealer this past week and he said FN is trying to make it this year, but it will likely be pushed back and he heard that the ACR isn't even shooting to come out this year:noway:

So if they're coming out early next year, we may not be able to get either.

If you want something like these rifles that is available right now you should take a look at Robinson XCR.

Isn't the Robinson XCR backordered?

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    My interest in the ACR is feigning quickly due to release date push backs.

Quite frankly I am pretty heavily invested in the AR platform, changing over to something else may not be financially smart for me.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Quite frankly I am pretty heavily invested in the AR platform, changing over to something else may not be financially smart for me.

What would you be changing over? Trigger group parts, mags, ammo and suppressor mounts would remain the same as with your ARs. Barrels will be generally the same (but will require modification to use in the ACR). Manual of arms will be different, but that's just a training/practice issue. Furniture and other small parts will be different, but availability should not be a problem if BM follows through on their stated goal of making the ACR their "flagship" rifle.

As you well know, I am pretty heavily invested in the AR platform, too. That said, I'm still going to pick up an ACR to play with. If it ends up truly being a better mousetrap, great. Otherwise, it will go alongside my AK-74s in the "other" safe, and will still be a fun and interesting shooter.

My $.02.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    shooter you make good points, I suppose I am just getting frustrated with the delays.

(I am also getting frustrated waiting on my Saiga12, apparently there has been more "customs" delays.)

retgarr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Yeah, too bad it's coming out later than expected and more expensive.
    Also, they do have a .308 project called the Massoud.

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    i thought early reports said it would be priced 1400ish. as for release date pushes' that can be expected if they want to meet demand generated by the hype. they will need lots of theese laying around.

i'm rolling pennies and jarring loose chnage waiting

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Straight from the bushmaster site!!!!

ACR(masada) UPDATE

We continue to receive numerous calls from customers as to the status of the new Bushmaster ACR platform that we partnered with Magpul to bring to market. In an effort to try to keep all of our customers up to date – Bushmaster is happy to provide the following information:
    Based upon the current level of production here at Bushmaster, and a number of military related projects – the Commercial version of the ACR originally slated for later in 2008, is currently being slated for a Q1 2009 release to the consumer markets. This allows us to continue our focus of preparing the ACR for initial Law Enforcement and Military demos, tests and evaluations which we are scheduling at this time. If your agency or unit has not yet had the chance to schedule a demonstration for this summer, and would like to – please send a note to acr@bushmaster.com.
    In the meantime – the ACR will available to be seen in Booth 742 at the NRA show this weekend in Louisville for those consumers attending. We will endeavor to provide a new update on the release of the consumer versions of this exciting new rifle platform in late summer. As always, we appreciate your interest in Bushmaster, and loyalty to our brand.
    Team Bushmaster

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Straight off the Bushy Websight.

2009 ACR Availability

The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009.

Wonder who is in the select customer group?

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Straight off the Bushy Websight.

2009 ACR Availability

The ACR is being redesigned to be a superior offering to compete for the next generation US Army infantry carbine and subcompact weapon requirement and will be available to select customers in 2009.

Wonder who is in the select customer group?

The gubbmint and their agencies :dunno:

Top Bottom