• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'd have to see one in person. It looks too bulky to me. An M4 is small, light, and just doesn't have all the bulk. It points quick and slings easily. I'm sure this thing is light, but it just looks too fat to me. Of course, it may look very different in person.

Just my 2c

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I think it looks "cool" also, but IMHO, it is just like a car, don't buy the first years model. Look how many years it took to get the M16 series rifles to function reliably.

I prefer "Battle Tested, Veteran Approved".

DSCF0219.jpg

Just my :twocents: worth.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Darn that is still disappointing that there is no .308 in sight. The FN SCAR is intresting with no civilian release.

they are on the market, some have been on gun broker for upwards of $5000:eek:

Isn't the Robinson XCR backordered?

I can pretty much guarantee the backorder for an xcr is less then any other company(8 weeks for me) that I've heard or seen.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    they are on the market, some have been on gun broker for upwards of $5000:eek:

I brought back a VERY OLD thread here. I have seen them on GB, and I want one! They are a bit salty now but some ridiculously low number was imported in the first batch.

I'll probibly have one of each. And a SCAR heavy, XCR in .308, *trails off mumbling every new gun coming out*

:laugh:

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I think it looks "cool" also, but IMHO, it is just like a car, don't buy the first years model. Look how many years it took to get the M16 series rifles to function reliably.

I prefer "Battle Tested, Veteran Approved".

DSCF0219.jpg

Just my :twocents: worth.

I think you are very right. Robinson Arms first xcr's ran, but not well. Now, they are very reliable and worth the investment.
    The ACR, IF IT EVER IS AVAILABLE BEFORE LEGISLATION, will have production issues like every new issue.
    If available, I will have one in .308, IF the xcr does not roll out first.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I brought back a VERY OLD thread here. I have seen them on GB, and I want one! They are a bit salty now but some ridiculously low number was imported in the first batch.

I'll probibly have one of each. And a SCAR heavy, XCR in .308, *trails off mumbling every new gun coming out*

:laugh:

Imported? You sure about that? I am pretty sure they are made in the same place as our M16s, FS2000s, PS and P90s along with a whole slough of pistols...

Sadly, we will never see that MASADA.

The nice thing about the SCAR is it doesn't come with a Blackout FH. That's a great big "**** YOU AAC!" :laugh:

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Nope. I'm referring to FN dumping them after being very displeased with their SCAR submittal. You would be too if you knew exactly how that went ;)

As far as SF is concerned, AAC is going to take the butt raping they tried to hand that other guy that was talking about FN dumping them (the one AAC is suing right now). SF is going to bend them over BADLY.

It's not just over the ad. Let's just say there are patent lawyers involved too :):

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Tell you more about what exactly?

I don't want to sound like THAT guy but I can't give you any more information than you could find on a site like AR15.com. I think there are a few threads there about AAC vs. Garner and SF vs. AAC.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    Well there is a 40 page thread on AAC vs. Garner. Actually 20 pages are some ass from Denmark trying to tell everyone from the US how laws SHOULD be and interpreting OUR laws as he sees fit with his broken English while trying to defend his beloved AAC. It's too bad AAC doesn't export to Denmark and this tool can't even experience ANY of these silencers or rifles.

He was told to STFU and stay out of those threads LOL.

trevor.zink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    iwant one bad, but the release date is going to depend on what the us army picks to replace the m4 with next year. If the acr doesnt get picked then you will probably see a quick release date to civilian sales. Same with the scar (which is heavy). check out the hk 416. real nice. the army is trying to get away from the direct impingement system of the ar's. which blows gases directly on the bolt which hurts reliability. the hk, scar, sig 556, and masada all use gas piston operation which is much more reliable

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    iwant one bad, but the release date is going to depend on what the us army picks to replace the m4 with next year.

Magic 8-Ball says the M4 isn't going anywhere anytime soon. This latest dog-and-pony show is just to shut the critics up for a bit. I expect the M4 contract will be re-bid (i.e. they will get them cheaper, and probably from someone other than Colt) once the TDP reverts to the Pentagon's control this summer, but that's about it.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    +1 to what Shooter says.

The ACR will not be picked up. Sadly, big Army has their usual favs and Bushmaster is not one of them. I do believe the US gov has bought Bushies for the Iraqis but that's about it...

Top Bottom