• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stephen A. Camp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Texas
    Hello. At the moment, a Model 642 loaded with Remington 158-gr. LHP +P. If it might be of some use, here are some related observations/suggestions from an article done a few years ago:

Making the J-Frame work

SWM642Hideoutfingergroovegrip008.jpg

This one is my "always gun". If at all possible, it is with me 24/7.

TuffStripsdifflengthsholsterwhite.jpg

Mine is routinely carried in the inexpensive "Pocket Roo" holster from Tuff Products. It makes carrying 5 extra rounds via their Quick Strip easy and such that the strip is carried in a very constant position. I have tried other pocket holsters and so far prefer this one to them.

User Report (Tuff Pocket Roo Holster)

Best.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    This ported snubby from the smith shop is actually fairly easy to shoot fast. Its a 642 with the xs big night dot and port and trigger smoothing job from the smith pro shop.
    P1010870.jpg

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I carry 2 38's on a regular basis, a old model Colt detective Special that has a factory shroud on it...

coltcase2.jpg

and a K frame S&W Model 12 Airweight. The early model 12's had a thinner frame than the standard K's...I lucked into a set a Pachmyers made for it at a pawnshop. I also had the gun cleaned up and duracoated.

model12a-1.jpg

Both are carried with CorBon DPX. The Colt is a nice pocket gun for the coat pocket while the 12 fit nicely into the front pocket of carpenter jeans. At times both also get carried in the Don Hume J.I.T. holster.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    P6010309.jpg

S&W 642, either in a High Noon Split Decision, an Uncle Mike's #3, or in a recently acquired Mika Pocket Holster.

I can't remember the "name" of my carry load, but it's a 125gr +p JHP. Federal...Green/yellow box.

-J-

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    Charter Arms (older) off-duty been on my hip and glove compartment for 23 years, even pulled it on a BG who stole some jewelery from a pawn shop, got the gold, let him go, he had no gun.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    TuffStripsdifflengthsholsterwhite.jpg

Mine is routinely carried in the inexpensive "Pocket Roo" holster from Tuff Products. It makes carrying 5 extra rounds via their Quick Strip easy and such that the strip is carried in a very constant position. I have tried other pocket holsters and so far prefer this one to them.

User Report (Tuff Pocket Roo Holster)

Best.
    I SOO have to get me one of these!

Top Bottom