• ...and so much more!
  • OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Just had Big Hoffa's for lunch. They renovated quite a bit since last time I came. Food was just as good as usual - I had "the Amendment" plate with beef brisket which was delicious. However, maybe because of Covid supply issues, portions were a bit smaller and prices a bit higher than I remember. (They had a sign that said brisket prices have risen due to Covid.) Still great food though.
    I always liked the "Scallywag", it was a smoked sausage sandwhich. I can't remember what was all on it now. It's been too long :(

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I like Squealer's, but then again I don't like Ribs. So the Brisket, pulled pork, smoked turkey have all been good to me.

Poncho53

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Hammond
    I have riding friends that want to know a great BBQ place near Indianapolis to stop and eat at. Because I eat BBQ with them in different States they think I know where the good stuff is. To be honest the reason I eat Q in those other States is because they know where the good Q is. I have avoided Indianapolis BBQ because of the practices I encountered when much younger. This has allowed me to be totally ignorant of what is locally availabe. I go to Velvet Smoke in Cincinnati, Ohio for burnt ends, Pig on Beal in Memphis, Tennessee for pulled pork sandwiches, and Jim's Smokin' Que in Suches, Georgia for a rack of ribs. I need help in narrowing the BBQ list down to 3 or 4 candidates to try out. My friend from Cincinnati has volunteered to ride up and do recon with me. Please, if you are a connoisseur of fine BBQ cuisine, I would appreciate your thoughts possitive and negative of local eateries. I need a local place that has a knock your socks off specialty.
    Thank you in advance, R.D.
    MAAAAAANNNNNNNN.............. I know it's not in Indianapolis but.... If you ever find yourself driving through Florida, you damn sure have to stop at Pearl Country Store in Micanopy, FL. Sweet Baby Jesus that place is outstanding. It's literally a small counter in the back of a gas station convenience store but it's hands down the best BBQ I've had in my 42 years of being on this earth.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Picked up carry-out for the Mrs. today at Trax BBQ in McCordsville.
    She had the pulled pork sandwich with Fu Man sauce (habenero) and the Trax cole slaw.
    She was impressed with the quality and looks forward to eating again there soon.
    I came home and ate a keto salad because my pancreas is a real a%#hole.

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Check out Half Liter BBQ in Indy lastnight. We got the smorgasbord which included ribs, pulled chicken, brisket, and hot links. All was very smokey and very good. I will be back.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    We tried 317BBQ in Broad Ripple a few months back. It is by far the best brisket that I have had, even in Texas. It was fantastic.

We also tried Rusted Silo a few months back. It was good. We liked it a lot and plan to go back there.

Top Bottom