• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I live near Nora and I'm bummed that covid has apparently taken out Northend BBQ in Nora Plaza as they are now gone. Was very good food and had over 150+ whiskeys and bourbons to try as well.

I also miss G.T South's BBQ off Binford & 71st too. Was my favorite for many years. Now I usually end up at City BBQ since there is one nearby in Carmel, but it's not great - just ok.

Still looking for great BBQ on the north side, will be following this thread for new ideas/places to go.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I live near Nora and I'm bummed that covid has apparently taken out Northend BBQ in Nora Plaza as they are now gone. Was very good food and had over 150+ whiskeys and bourbons to try as well.

I also miss G.T South's BBQ off Binford & 71st too. Was my favorite for many years. Now I usually end up at City BBQ since there is one nearby in Carmel, but it's not great - just ok.

Still looking for great BBQ on the north side, will be following this thread for new ideas/places to go.
    I miss the North End, too.

...and GT's...but Black Diamond south on Binford a bit at 65th St was better. Sadly, they are gone, too.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    The bone marrow butter on the fries, and the brisket chili, and and ... :drool:

Sad that place closed. It was definitely amazing food.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Northend was great BBQ place. I will miss it.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    You should ask him to start that up again.

Being in Fort Wayne I do not get there as much as I would like. Is it not very good any longer? I know this year they were having trouble finding help. I would hate to hear they are having quality issues.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Being in Fort Wayne I do not get there as much as I would like. Is it not very good any longer? I know this year they were having trouble finding help. I would hate to hear they are having quality issues.

We haven’t been impressed for a while. We used to drive to Mooresville a few times a year just for Squealers. Now we live in Mooresville and drive elsewhere for bbq.

They seem to be doing the pre-cook and reheat thing that so many bbq places eventually fall into... those kind of dried out ends and cold in the middle ribs that only a microwave can get you. We gave them a few chances in case it was an “off night”, but we likely won’t be back.

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    I had never heard of it before but it sounds like I'm going to have to try Big Hoffa's sometime.

I know it is a chain, but I really like the brisket at City BBQ. The More Cowbell sandwich is essentially a philly cheese steak made with brisket and it is delicious.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    We haven’t been impressed for a while. We used to drive to Mooresville a few times a year just for Squealers. Now we live in Mooresville and drive elsewhere for bbq.

They seem to be doing the pre-cook and reheat thing that so many bbq places eventually fall into... those kind of dried out ends and cold in the middle ribs that only a microwave can get you. We gave them a few chances in case it was an “off night”, but we likely won’t be back.
    Not just in Mooresville, I swear the one on West 86th Street bakes the ribs and soaks it in sauce.

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    Just had Big Hoffa's for lunch. They renovated quite a bit since last time I came. Food was just as good as usual - I had "the Amendment" plate with beef brisket which was delicious. However, maybe because of Covid supply issues, portions were a bit smaller and prices a bit higher than I remember. (They had a sign that said brisket prices have risen due to Covid.) Still great food though.

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County
    .... However, maybe because of Covid supply issues, portions were a bit smaller and prices a bit higher than I remember. (They had a sign that said brisket prices have risen due to Covid.) Still great food though.
    We have noticed reduced portion sizes and/or higher prices at a lot of places. But I understand why. I'd rather pay a little more than see them close.

Top Bottom