Not open for further replies.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I don't know. Maybe at times, but I can tell you straight up that for years when I started on INGO I was generally "in the majority" in most discussions. The world has changed, things have changed, INGO has changed, and I'm sure I probably have changed as well. Now, I'm a voice of dissent in some conversations, and it is different. Not sure I can put into words what I'm trying to get at, but I'm not sure he was ever intentionally trolling now that I look back knowing what I know now.

****, I am a voice of dissent in most things.

I still to this day know I am endowed by my Creator with certain natural rights.

Last edited:

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Like I said earlier, I'm sure I've changed in some ways. Life has beat me down more than I deserve in my opinion for the time I've been on this earth, but I'm still standing and I'm fundamentally the same person I've always been. I fear deeply, however, that our "side" is either going to be or already has been hijacked by those with money and power and ultimately used for purposes that many of us would be fundamentally opposed to in years past. I'm still on the same team, y'all.

I always judge myself by how will I answer my children when they ask "What did you do?" when their challenges may well be more difficult given the ******** of today.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace; and this single reflection, well applied, is sufficient to awaken every man to duty.”

Most often, this quote from Paine is truncated at the semicolon.

I often wonder if Paine believed his child's peace would be enduring. After all, he did not speak about his child's children.

Peace, it seems, is most often temporary as most are not satisfied to simply let others be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom