Not open for further replies.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    QFT!!!!!!!!!!! I used to be very middle of the road (but always staunchly supporting the Constitution) and then 2014 happened. The further left 'those people' go the more right I have leaned. I didn't say much at first, being a live and let live type. Now...eff that noise. They got the power they have now because people like us didn't stand up in the beginning.
    Huge mistake.
    If EVER there was time in our lives when shouting from the rooftops was a moral imperative it is NOW. Logic, reason and rights are on the line. Shout now or be prepared to be silenced.
    We’re all on an evolutionary journey, on different places from our experiences. I’m adamant about the 2A but am still a live and let live type, I just think those people have to live or die with their decisions, and I will too.
    Of course, if someone will listen I will try to influence. We have to influence the right people and they’re hard to get to.
    I guess I just see no point in shouting. But I may be right where you are in the future too.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Sounds like it won't be long until the next Target is selected and the report button starts getting another workout in an attempt to eliminate the next most annoying liberal
    Worried? What's your position on the list?

How come 'being less annoyingly liberal' never seems to be an option, is it somehow not possible?

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hate to see him gone. Didn't go back to read what happened, so this should not be misconstrued as a comment on the decision. I disagreed with him more often than not, but I think a dissenting voice is critical to productive conversation.
    There is a difference between a dissenting voice and trolling, it's a fine line that was rode to the absolute limit imho.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just me talking here, and not towards anyone in particular, but it seems much closer to an echo chamber in here now than it did years ago when I first joined. People leave and/or get banned, sure, but it also seems that so many more consolidated into a small, far right faction.
    Seeing your country hurtling down the road to disaster will sometimes have that effect, especially when having to listen to those who made it possible strive to absolve themselves from any responsibility

I imagine the new camps will replace 'Arbeit Macht Frei' with 'No More Mean Tweets'

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Like I said earlier, I'm sure I've changed in some ways. Life has beat me down more than I deserve in my opinion for the time I've been on this earth, but I'm still standing and I'm fundamentally the same person I've always been. I fear deeply, however, that our "side" is either going to be or already has been hijacked by those with money and power and ultimately used for purposes that many of us would be fundamentally opposed to in years past. I'm still on the same team, y'all.
    Is this the part where you try to sell us on how ¡Jeb! or Mitt is the answer to that 'controlled by money' thing and how 'the Republican Party has to get back to its (CoC) roots' or how you want 'your' Republican Party back? That ship sailed years ago

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    Is this the part where you try to sell us on how ¡Jeb! or Mitt is the answer to that 'controlled by money' thing and how 'the Republican Party has to get back to its (CoC) roots' or how you want 'your' Republican Party back? That ship sailed years ago
    No? Also wouldn't call myself a Republican. That organization lost its way decades ago, well before I walked the Earth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I for one look forward to the day when the Covid threads just die a natural death. Never seen so many dead horses being beaten in my life, and nobody's minds have been changed. It's even worse than Glock vs. 1911 and 9mm vs. 45 acp. :):
    You are absolutely right. If you want to jump in on Glock/1911 or 9mm/.45ACP you can, otherwise you can ignore it. It is a little different being greeted at a door by some ****tard scowling and shoving a mask at you as you try to recover enough breath to express your succinct thoughts. I have equally nonexistent tolerance for fools who try telling me that, as I struggle to breathe, that its my imagination that placing an airflow-resistant device over my face makes a difference. We have equally worthless excuses for human beings wrecking our economy, capitalizing on the chaos they are generating.

I have reached the point I not only want but demand my normal life back and expect to be left the hell alone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom