Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw his profile. Last post was may 8 in a WTB turkey gun thread. Also said his last seen time on INGO was this morning.
    View attachment 141495
    Weird. When I went to look for his profile, it wasn't there. Had a message like "no such page exists" or some such.

Edit: This is what I get...

1622057266500.png

Edit 2: I did get the same thing you got at first, with the exception of where he was last seen. Maybe it's a difference between mobile and laptop?

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Sometimes it is, but a lot of times the movie can be entertaining if you do not know all of the stuff they left out from the book.
    I get that. I really do, THat is my position on the Prime series, Jack Ryan. Unfortunately they completely boffed it on Without Remorse.
    The Bosch series on Prime is pretty good even to an avid Michael Connelly fan.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I get that. I really do, THat is my position on the Prime series, Jack Ryan. Unfortunately they completely boffed it on Without Remorse.
    I absolutely hate when they use a name and then totally change the story.
    The Dune movie did that and was terrible.
    The Bourne movies had little resemblance to the books. I thought they were entertaining, but they should have called it all something else.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I absolutely hate when they use a name and then totally change the story.
    The Dune movie did that and was terrible.
    The Bourne movies had little resemblance to the books. I thought they were entertaining, but they should have called it all something else.
    Exactly. If they would have named the movies something other than Bourne, I might have enjoyed them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The only Clancy movie I tried to watch was Clear and Present Danger. I just couldn't do it. That weasely little shrimp they had playing Clark was just too much to bear. Clancy's Clark was a tough guy, I'm thinking linebacker, not a slimy looking little weasel.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The only Clancy movie I tried to watch was Clear and Present Danger. I just couldn't do it. That weasely little shrimp they had playing Clark was just too much to bear. Clancy's Clark was a tough guy, I'm thinking linebacker, not a slimy looking little weasel.
    Willem DaFoe? I don't know that I would have picked him, but badasses come in all sizes.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Willem DaFoe? I don't know that I would have picked him, but badasses come in all sizes.
    Badass? Perhaps, but he just isn't anything aproaching Clancy's Clark, and as far as I am concerned, Clark makes the story.

Last edited:

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Generally I like to watch the movie first, enjoy it, then go to the book to flesh out the details. Doing it the other way around leaves the movie feeling shallow and disappointing.
    This is what I did with American sniper.

The outsiders is the only other book/movie combo I’ve both read and watched.

You enjoyed both books more than the movies, but they all were good honestly.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I just finished lunch, featuring an appropriate use for pineapple.

Dollar General has enough room to wiggle the truck in, pretty good cottage cheese, and locations with fresh produce have pineapple in the cooler ready to eat packed in juice. It works out to $2.00 for the cottage cheese and $1.50 for the pineapple. Better cold lunch than you can get at a truck stop for 4 or 5 times the money.

20210528_114452.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The latest. He went for the double (already banned once before) and got it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom