Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    but hey, we have Kut!

Well, no we do not. Not anymore.
    After reading his response to my "Where are you" PM I feel we have lost a voice in this Forum.

His reasons are sound. I can not disagree with them.

I have a sad right now.

The echo's. :(

I had to get out of a couple of arguments, but that was because I didn't trust myself to keep it civil. I don't blame kut and the sad is strong in this one.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I know right.

Did I miss something? Kuts gone?

Totally unexpected.

:( Maybe Kut will find his way back here.

I hope it is a measured response hammer and not nuclear.

Disappointing to hear Kut has left.

Hope Kut comes back after the election, when hopefully there is less blood in the water

Maybe I should take a break until after the election.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :n00b: Is that a snake crawling up my leg? Aggh! Spiders everywhere!

:rolleyes: What's going on, where am I?

:bash: I have a headache. Pounding...pounding...pounding...

:p Nya, nya, nya,nya, nya you can't see me.

:crying: I'm so depressed.

:nuts: I'm just a little unwell.

:puke:Look out, I don't feel good.

:drool: Oh boy, withdrawal S***s.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well, no we do not. Not anymore.
    After reading his response to my "Where are you" PM I feel we have lost a voice in this Forum.

His reasons are sound. I can not disagree with them.

I have a sad right now.

The echo's. :(

After a while the dog pile wears on folks.

:twocents:

I'm sorry to see him go, but he made his own bed. The dogpiles you mention were often in response to Kut's race baiting.

Ask some of the INGO officers what they think of Kut's posts?

I still think a smart move would be for him to return under a different user name. Fresh start, less divisive, maybe discuss guns once in a while? :dunno:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    :laugh:I'M back, shoot how long was I gone? that was terrible, but I'm glad i got that out of my system. Let's go:ar15:.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I work with some leople who typically vote democrat, who are also pro 2a. They don't think we need any more gun laws, just enforce what we have. I ask them what about Hillary's promise to ban "assault rifles"? They say she won't be able to get anything passed the Republican congress. :facepalm:.

these people vote D because they are socially moderate to liberal. To them, those other issues are just as important as 2A. And they don't think there is a place for them in the Republican party. A lot of their impressions about Republicans come from the media's portrayal, but also the things Republicans say and do themselves. They don't believe in the progressive utopian world view but they believe they still fit in more with democrats.

False.

you cannot be a pro gun and vote democrat. Pick one.

owning guns is not the same as being pro 2a....as evidenced by many so called conservatives. The left isn't the only side that likes laws and control

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :twocents:

I'm sorry to see him go, but he made his own bed. The dogpiles you mention were often in response to Kut's race baiting.

Ask some of the INGO officers what they think of Kut's posts?

I still think a smart move would be for him to return under a different user name. Fresh start, less divisive, maybe discuss guns once in a while? :dunno:

I don't think Kut was race baiting. I think he just said things the way he views them. I do think there were some posts where he was overly sensitive to what he thought were dog whistles, but given his experiences I can't blame him. I understand why he would have thought that. I've gotten into a lot of racial discussions with him and disagreed with him on a lot of things, especially the real motivator for the BLM organization. I think he didn't want them to be what they really are and that's probably hard to deal with. I think he started to see that after BLM made their announcement of demands, including reparations.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    you cannot be a pro gun and vote democrat. Pick one.

owning guns is not the same as being pro 2a....as evidenced by many so called conservatives. The left isn't the only side that likes laws and control

I would have to disagree with you here. There are plenty of people who are democrat that are strong 2A supporters (maybe not in elected office, but voters yes). People often vote along a single issue, or seemingly related issues; but some people vote with something else that really matters to them (their wallet). Such as many of the people who work at the Ford plant down here, many of them are hard working folks who are strongly Pro 2A, but they vote democrat because they feel that the UAW support there will grant them better opportunities for more $$$ in the future (better contract negotiations).

Or take for instance many hispanic voters, most of them would easily align with the republicans on most issues, especially 2A, but they won't support the republicans because of their stance on immigration.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Or take for instance many hispanic voters, most of them would easily align with the republicans on most issues, especially 2A, but they won't support the republicans because of their stance on immigration.

Bull crap. Hispanics are overwhelmingly anti-2A having come from nations where guns are largely associated with crime and not freedom. Democrats want them here because of their overwhelming support for welfare programs, anti-2A and leftist culture.

Latino Voters Favor Gun Control, Regardless Of Party Identification, Poll Shows | Huffington Post

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    Bull crap. Hispanics are overwhelmingly anti-2A having come from nations where guns are largely associated with crime and not freedom. Democrats want them here because of their overwhelming support for welfare programs, anti-2A and leftist culture.

Latino Voters Favor Gun Control, Regardless Of Party Identification, Poll Shows | Huffington Post

To some degree that may be true, not to the extent that the Huffpost would claim though. As my grandparents (dad's side) were both hispanic (Costa Rica and Mexico), and much of the extended family has moved here over the years, my personal interaction with the majority of hispanic people I know, are strong 2A supporters while also tending to vote democrat. The issue a lot of them have is the republican stance on immigration; most of them do believe that people should come here legally and those who came illegally should not be granted citizenship.

Looking at the article and my personal experience objectively, the ones that I know may be an exception to that generality, but I would venture to guess that there are still a fair number that are outside of the circle of the ones I know. Not to mention the fact that when that data was collected, it was just a couple months after Sandy Hook, and for a real solid measurement, more than 500 voters ought to be surveyed; I would estimate that the data isn't a very accurate measure, especially given the amount of time since that data was originally surveryed.
    Latino voters favor gun restrictions | Latino Decisions

The Gallup poll had more people surveyed, but again right at the height of the emotional knee-jerk bandwagon push for more gun control, but it still had 28% of hispanic households as likely to have firearms.
    Men, Married, Southerners Most Likely to Be Gun Owners

The Pew Study showed again, more favoritism towards gun control, but it also shows that the support for gun rights are steadily rising (even among black, hispanic, and other non-white groups).
    http://www.people-press.org/files/legacy-pdf/4-25-12 Social Issues.pdf

Given the amount of time that has passed since those studies were done and the chaos that has since been appearing with more seemingly regularity, I am willing to guess that those numbers are quite different now if the same studies were done and that there are going to more than likely be more hispanic gun owners now than there previously had been.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't think Kut was race baiting. I think he just said things the way he views them. I do think there were some posts where he was overly sensitive to what he thought were dog whistles, but given his experiences I can't blame him. I understand why he would have thought that. I've gotten into a lot of racial discussions with him and disagreed with him on a lot of things, especially the real motivator for the BLM organization. I think he didn't want them to be what they really are and that's probably hard to deal with. I think he started to see that after BLM made their announcement of demands, including reparations.

I intended to remain silent on this issue, but I can't. I disagree with you and most of the others completely. I don't believe there was anything honorable, honest, valuable, or even interesting about most of the contention he introduced here.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I intended to remain silent on this issue, but I can't. I disagree with you and most of the others completely. I don't believe there was anything honorable, honest, valuable, or even interesting about most of the contention he introduced here.

I used to feel that way, but some of the posts made me think and see things that I hadn't before. He still annoyed the crap out of me at times, but it's good to understand other points of view, even if you don't agree with them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I used to feel that way, but some of the posts made me think and see things that I hadn't before. He still annoyed the crap out of me at times, but it's good to understand other points of view, even if you don't agree with them.

These are my thoughts as well. One major difference between Kut and the not-so-dearly-departed david890 was in the delivery of viewpoints with which many didn't agree. Even at his most irritating, Kut was never uncivil to me, and once I let down my own ingrained biases and really tried paying attention to what he was saying, and why he held his beliefs, then my view of him changed. I could agree to disagree with him with no hard feelings. Heck, we had even talked about meeting up for lunch sometime to have a real face-to-face conversation about our differences (and similarities). I had absolutely no desire to do the same with the member formerly known as david890.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    These are my thoughts as well. One major difference between Kut and the not-so-dearly-departed david890 was in the delivery of viewpoints with which many didn't agree. Even at his most irritating, Kut was never uncivil to me, and once I let down my own ingrained biases and really tried paying attention to what he was saying, and why he held his beliefs, then my view of him changed. I could agree to disagree with him with no hard feelings. Heck, we had even talked about meeting up for lunch sometime to have a real face-to-face conversation about our differences (and similarities). I had absolutely no desire to do the same with the member formerly known as david890.

I want to meet david890.......:(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom