Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you have a link to that thread? I think I missed it.

It is a thread every INGO gun owner should bookmark. David890 made many of the typical lefty arguments and even a few non-standard lefty arguments. (never heard anyone argue that they should be exempted from an AR15 ban because of disabilities).

Anyway, INGO did us proud in dismantling his arguments. I think it makes a descent reference for future encounters with anti-gun zealots. Not sure if sticky-worthy, but close.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I put David890 on my ignore list when he claimed to have degrees in physics and math, yet displayed rhetoric in the no global warming topic that would motivate whatever schools that granted those degrees to recall them. When he started making claims about his IQ, he made it clear he was desperate for attention and respect, but knew he could not garner either honestly. I've known many people whose intelligence was impressive (understatement) and exactly zero of them felt the need to tell other people how smart they were. In my experience, people who assert their own intelligence are rarely (as in almost never) as smart as they claim or believe they are. It's a sad, tiresome, and pathetic behavior.

Based on his behavior, it's likely that he's still lurking here or has a new userid by now, so he's probably reading this (or will soon).

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I put David890 on my ignore list when he claimed to have degrees in physics and math, yet displayed rhetoric in the no global warming topic that would motivate whatever schools that granted those degrees to recall them. When he started making claims about his IQ, he made it clear he was desperate for attention and respect, but knew he could not garner either honestly. I've known many people whose intelligence was impressive (understatement) and exactly zero of them felt the need to tell other people how smart they were. In my experience, people who assert their own intelligence are rarely (as in almost never) as smart as they claim or believe they are. It's a sad, tiresome, and pathetic behavior.

Based on his behavior, it's likely that he's still lurking here or has a new userid by now, so he's probably reading this (or will soon).

I never assert my intelligence.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Made several references to his Piled Higher and Deeper! PHD or not, he was too stupid to breathe my air!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Almost every "welcome to INGO" thread includes a "grow thick skin" caveat from someone who's been around for a while.

It it seems to me that some of the old guard could benefit from revisiting that advice.

Much undeeded twisting of panties. Imho.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Almost every "welcome to INGO" thread includes a "grow thick skin" caveat from someone who's been around for a while.

It it seems to me that some of the old guard could benefit from revisiting that advice.

Much undeeded twisting of panties. Imho.

Eh, I think quite a few people here have earned the right to twist their panties occasionally. It's feels really good when they untwist.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think, given his condescending tone when he first started posting, I suspect he posted his IQ to belittle and intimidate. I think he did it to say, you people are beneath me so you're wasting your time arguing. I think INGO did a fine job of tearing down his facade. That smug confidence seemed to erode away over the months as his rhetoric failed.

And this is why I am not wearing any........:shady:

I'm going pantsless today. I can see why many people do that.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think, given his condescending tone when he first started posting, I suspect he posted his IQ to belittle and intimidate. I think he did it to say, you people are beneath me so you're wasting your time arguing. I think INGO did a fine job of tearing down his facade. That smug confidence seemed to erode away over the months as his rhetoric failed.

Hah! If so, add "funny" to my list of sad, tiresome, and pathetic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom