• Total voters

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Education Level

I had to quit school at 16 to help support my family. After my dad got hurt. I have a GED. But I know my punctuation is awful. My wife edits my blog posts for me. So bear with me.:twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Well that puts things into perspective. Now I feel like a real jerk for those times I am a grammar nazi. Hats off to you right winger.

A special thanks to your wife/editor. We appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Gryphon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2008
    Terre Haute, IN
    I had to quit school at 16 to help support my family. After my dad got hurt. I have a GED. But I know my punctuation is awful. My wife edits my blog posts for me. So bear with me.:twocents:

I quit school during my senior year at age seventeen. At nineteen, I obtained my GED so I could join the army.

My weak subject is algebra. All my math teachers ever did was either hit me, kick me, or verbally humiliate me for not being able to understand it. So I said phooey on them and quit.

When I left the service, I passed the entrance exam at ISU, but I couldn't afford to attend.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Double Major in Mass Communications and Political Science. Took me 5 years and paid for it all myself (as I also had to pay for my Catholic High School, which ensured that even an Idiot like me can fool the system and get into college :D:D:D).

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    I graduated from Plainfield high school. Also completed a 4 year electrical apprenticeship at Associated Builders and Contractors. My blue cord and crossed rifles mean more to me than those two worthless pieces of paper ever will.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    High school dropout, Army, GED, Associates degree. Not necessarily in that order.

OK, it was in that order:D

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    Ok, so make that three things.
    3. My husband is known for lousy spelling and punctuation. (And capitalizing words that don't need it.) He has a college education. He is also dyslexic.

I love you wife

Lets not forget about the 2 yr specialty degree in advanced welding

The US Navy Schools
    BBE 1-21 Electronics
    EW "A" school (Not completed) Electronics Warfare
    GM "A" school Gunners Mate
    GMT "C" Gunners Mate Technician - mk16 Missile System.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    GED is equal to a high school diploma. So you (like me) are a high school graduate. :rockwoot:
    The GED is not equal to a high school diploma, no matter what the laws says. I am somewhat disappointed that such a thing ever existed.:dunno:

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I graduated High School but never made it to college. I really regret not going but there's nothing I can do about that now.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The GED is not equal to a high school diploma, no matter what the laws says. I am somewhat disappointed that such a thing ever existed.:dunno:

Sorry Coach but High School is pretty much a waste of time after the 10th grade. Higher education now is geared towards getting a job instead of the art of liberating the mind. If securing a job and fitting into the American hegemony are of prime importance then apprenticeships and propaganda would better serve and a GED has it's place.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Sorry Coach but High School is pretty much a waste of time after the 10th grade. Higher education now is geared towards getting a job instead of the art of liberating the mind. If securing a job and fitting into the American hegemony are of prime importance then apprenticeships and propaganda would better serve and a GED has it's place.

I wish I had been told this. I wasted those last 2 years learning all that stuff. Shucks.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    fwiw
    albert-einstein-who-says-the-class-clown.jpg

Top Bottom