Mrs. Hoppes

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen
    Two things.

1. Where's the poll?
    2. Education means nothing if the quality of education was below par. There are people with college degrees who can't spell, punctuate, or know the difference between accept and except.

Ok, so make that three things.
    3. My husband is known for lousy spelling and punctuation. (And capitalizing words that don't need it.) He has a college education. He is also dyslexic.

Me: I have a GED.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Two things.

1. Where's the poll?
    2. Education means nothing if the quality of education was below par. There are people with college degrees who can't spell, punctuate, or know the difference between accept and except.

Ok, so make that three things.
    3. My husband is known for lousy spelling and punctuation. (And capitalizing words that don't need it.) He has a college education. He is also dyslexic.

Me: I have a GED.

The forum posts the thread before the poll is created. It is up now.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I grew up near downtown Indy. We had only like a 30% graduation rate where I went to school. I feel lucky to have graduated. My son will goto a better school and get chances I didnt have. I have ensured this. Some of us never had the luck. If I can get the financial aid Im planning to do some business school.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't graduate HS even though I made it to my second semester of my Senior year. Mostly because I hate Plainfield and didn't want a diploma from here, but also because I was so far behind from being a hoodlum I didn't care. I got my GED though. Passed it with a C+ average without studying after a year out of school.

After that I attended ITT Tech for 2 years only to not pass all my classes and have to pay money I didn't have to stay in school. Didn't learn Shat there either.

I self-educated myself over the years outside of school and still learning everyday because that's what it's all about.

Strong points: Math History Computers and Study Hall! :D

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I am currently in my Junior year here at IU. I'm in the Kelley school of Business, and plan on majoring in entrepreneurship. I also plan on going to law school after graduation. :)

munky_3434

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Brazil, IN
    my puncuation has nothing to do with education, i'm just lazy

high skool edumacation, and about 90 credit hours through the military

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I inferred from the available choices that graduate and professional degrees to fell into the "5+ years of college" category.

Of course, the point is moot to me as I am uneducated.

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    I inferred from the available choices that graduate and professional degrees to fell into the "5+ years of college" category.

Of course, the point is moot to me as I am uneducated.

That is what I was thinking too, but graduate and professional degrees aren't really "college," so I thought I would ask. Though my school was called the College of Law. I am voting 5+ years college. On the other hand, 5+ years college could make you Van Wilder.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I graduated in the upper 1/3 of my class at a very large school.

I do however hold a PHD in street smarts and common sense.;)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I voted 5+ years, too... I kept changing majors...

Started with a double in Journalism/Spanish, changed to a double in Comp Sci/Applied Math with a minor in Spanish, got married, moved to Texas, got divorced, moved back to Indy, got married again, doubled in Website Design/Software Applications Programming (actually finished those two), and then went back *again* for a double in Business Management/Marketing. One of these days I'll get around to finishing those last five classes I need. Or I'll change majors again.

Last edited:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    oh i forgot to put my study

criminal justice... i quit because i wanst learning anything. i surprised the professors on how much i knew.

Top Bottom