• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I’ve pretty much settled on the Fender rumble 100. All of my other amplification is Fender, so it’ll look good sitting next to the rest. It’s probably a little more amp than I need right now, but who knows, I might get back into gigs someday.

12" is a good size. Not at all overkill, still portable. I played a custom 10" speaker in an acoustic band for years, but it would have been easily outclassed by an amped guitarist and drummer.

Not a big fan of modern Fender overall, but I do very much like the Fender 9050 strings.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    OK, I got started on some basic chords. Been focusing on A. D, and E. Cruised Youtube to find free lessons and stumbled upon this guy Andy.

I like his teaching style, very laid back yet informative. No gimmicky pork pie hat and goatee like the guys trying to look hip, and he doesn't feel the need to show off his riffs in the intro like the washed up metal guys. I'm going to follow his free lessons until they run out, and then see if it's worth paying.

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Andy is good. There are so many excellent teachers on youtube that I doubt you'll ever have to pay a nickel.

This guy, also named Andy, is my favorite for intermediate/advanced stuff.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    6F781AFA-68FC-4F17-9614-878E043AD079.jpeg96AE05FF-48BF-4BF7-BF25-C9A8D8775CE0.jpegSo, I may have posted here about having my eye on a Harley Benton stingray bass clone. I have several HB guitars, and love them, and have heard tons of good reports on the bass. Only problem was Thomann has an $80 flat rate shipping charge now, so I couldn’t bring myself to pay that much shipping for one guitar. Only logical thing I could do was order something else, so, I have a matching color scheme telecaster clone coming along with the bass.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    View attachment 173019View attachment 173020So, I may have posted here about having my eye on a Harley Benton stingray bass clone. I have several HB guitars, and love them, and have heard tons of good reports on the bass. Only problem was Thomann has an $80 flat rate shipping charge now, so I couldn’t bring myself to pay that much shipping for one guitar. Only logical thing I could do was order something else, so, I have a matching color scheme telecaster clone coming along with the bass.
    Can't argue with that logic.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    View attachment 173019View attachment 173020So, I may have posted here about having my eye on a Harley Benton stingray bass clone. I have several HB guitars, and love them, and have heard tons of good reports on the bass. Only problem was Thomann has an $80 flat rate shipping charge now, so I couldn’t bring myself to pay that much shipping for one guitar. Only logical thing I could do was order something else, so, I have a matching color scheme telecaster clone coming along with the bass.

I have the Harley Benton P bass clone and think it's an amazing value. Make sure and let me know how you like that Tele.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have the Harley Benton P bass clone and think it's an amazing value. How do you like that Tele?
    I don’t have it yet, just ordered it a few minutes ago, but I do have the HB te-52 tele clone, and it is an absolute beast. My only beef with it is it weighs a ton. Other than that, it’s just a beautiful guitar, with one of the best finishes on it I’ve ever seen, and it stays in tune for days.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I don’t have it yet, just ordered it a few minutes ago, but I do have the HB te-52 tele clone, and it is an absolute beast. My only beef with it is it weighs a ton. Other than that, it’s just a beautiful guitar, with one of the best finishes on it I’ve ever seen, and it stays in tune for days.

I caught my mistake too late to sneak in an edit. But I'd still like to know how it turns out for you!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I caught my mistake too late to sneak in an edit. But I'd still like to know how it turns out for you!
    Yeah I’m pretty anxious to see what it’s like. It’s the least expensive HB I’ve bought, and so far I’ve had really good luck with all of them. The te52 was perfect right out of the box, but I had to do some setup on the others I’ve got from there. Fortunately, I can do it all myself without having to take it to a guitar tech.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Yeah I’m pretty anxious to see what it’s like. It’s the least expensive HB I’ve bought, and so far I’ve had really good luck with all of them. The te52 was perfect right out of the box, but I had to do some setup on the others I’ve got from there. Fortunately, I can do it all myself without having to take it to a guitar tech.

The only thing that I've been happy with the setup, out of the box, was my Sire V5. Even if it's set up "correctly" it's better to set it up to your preference and strings. I redo it all when I change string gauges/brands anyway.

Been wanting a dreadnought and also a solidbody guitar to bang around on but don't want to spend a lot on it since it's just for home use.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The only thing that I've been happy with the setup, out of the box, was my Sire V5. Even if it's set up "correctly" it's better to set it up to your preference and strings. I redo it all when I change string gauges/brands anyway.

Been wanting a dreadnought and also a solidbody guitar to bang around on but don't want to spend a lot on it since it's just for home use.
    I’ve been seeing a lot of positive reviews on YouTube about the Firefly acoustics.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've been practicing on my Ultra Light electric (thanks again Phylodog), but I wanted a little more volume than I got playing unplugged. Not too much because I do most of my practicing between about 5-6 am. I found this micro-amp on Amazon and it has been working out really well. It runs on 9v batteries but I bought a 9v AC adaptor. It doesn't have any fancy effects (even though it says it does), but it is perfect for amplifying just loud enough for me to play quietly.

1640875176670.png

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I've been practicing on my Ultra Light electric (thanks again Phylodog), but I wanted a little more volume than I got playing unplugged. Not too much because I do most of my practicing between about 5-6 am. I found this micro-amp on Amazon and it has been working out really well. It runs on 9v batteries but I bought a 9v AC adaptor. It doesn't have any fancy effects (even though it says it does), but it it perfect for amplifying just loud enough for me to play quietly.

View attachment 173621
    That'll work. The amp I used had a headphone jack that I could plug into when I wanted to practice without disturbing others. Either by the loudness of the amp or my not so good playing at the time.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I bought a few HB's a couple of years ago. The telecaster(clone) was good to go, except I changed out the tuners for higher quality locking tuners. The Les Paul (clone) required a lot of work on the fretboard (leveling and elimination of fret sprout) and a new bridge, but now it plays great. A D41 (clone) was physically a very nice guitar, but didn't have the acoustic tone I prefer, so I gave it to my grandson who really likes it.

Overall, HB products are good value for someone who wants to get a bit more adventurous with guitar collection. However, a thorough understanding of guitar setup is a real plus.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That'll work. The amp I used had a headphone jack that I could plug into when I wanted to practice without disturbing others. Either by the loudness of the amp or my not so good playing at the time.
    Yeah, this one has a headphone jack also, but I have never used it. I just keep the volume low. My 88-yr-old mom is usually sleeping, but she is hard of hearing and she also has an oxygen concentrator running. I need to be able to hear if she calls.

Top Bottom