• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Thought i would try something a little different.I coon and rabbit hunt all season and looking for some new property to try and new people to hunt with. If you have acess to private property and would like to go coon or rabbit hunting give me a call and i will bring top notch hounds with the promise to never return to your property without being invited back. Kids are always welcome . I am a safe ,ethical and legal hunter. If you are interested in a old fashion hound hunt reply back thanks

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Greenfield
    Houndman, have you hunted Atterbury or Muscatatuck? I have a few beagles and have been thinking of trying these areas. We hunted the put and take pheasant hunt last week at Atterbury, and jumped a few rabbits.

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I don't know if you would be interested but I have a group of buddies that come over about every weekend and bowhunt rabbits on my small acreage. We have a blast and occasionally kill a rabbit. We use recurves and take running shots most of the time.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    I don't have any property, but I would be interested in how you trained your hounds. I just got a Beagle and have hopes of turning her into a good rabbit dog.

Willob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I have been around beagles my whole life and the only way we have trained them is to take them out and get them into rabbits. It helps to have an older dog but they have all of the instincts needed to teach themselves.

houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I have been around beagles my whole life and the only way we have trained them is to take them out and get them into rabbits. It helps to have an older dog but they have all of the instincts needed to teach themselves.
    I don't think I would want to run my dos around guys shoting arrows for safety reason but I do appreciate the invite.The way we try to get a dog started is buy feeding them rabbit tracks,run with a older dog or you could take them to a starting pen ,good luck with it i

houndman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    It's tough finding private land spots to rabbit hunt, putting the word out and knocking on doors. I hunt public lands also.
    I grew up in a small farming comunity so i have lots of private places to run dogs ,I just thought i woud see if anyone was intrested in going hunting since it seems most people in this site are deer hunters and deer season is winding down for most i thought some of these deer hunters might want to get off the couch and go chase some bunnies. Any takers?

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    I grew up in a small farming comunity so i have lots of private places to run dogs ,I just thought i woud see if anyone was intrested in going hunting since it seems most people in this site are deer hunters and deer season is winding down for most i thought some of these deer hunters might want to get off the couch and go chase some bunnies. Any takers?

Everyone seems to be deer hunters anymore. I'd rather run cur dogs chasing yotes than sit in a stand and wait for a deer

Top Bottom