• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Got a shock last night. Driving down I465 on the west side, with a nice looking (Blue and White striped) new Shelby Mustang cruising along next to me. Suddenly, it lit up like a Christmas tree with reds-n-blues, and took off like a SHOT. State-owned plate on the back, and uniformed officer at the wheel. Between the siren and the roar of the exhaust (and I swear I heard the tires chirp when he shifted at 70+ MPH), cars were scattering as he blew passed.

a) The LEO is a lucky SOB to get assigned THAT car
    b) Where does ISP get that kind of cash? Shelby's ain't exactly cheap at $50K per pop.
    c) No use in running! 400HP and a 6-speed will get it done in a hurry.

So, anyway, if you are a chronic speeder, watch your mirrors!

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    haha this is old news... theyve had blue/wht stangs since 07 I think. there was an article about it in the star. woulda been 07, cuz it was right when I was doing Driver's ed.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    That's what hammered me on the bike running 76 in a 40, on a wheelie lol. I know 400hp and a six speed will get it done quickly, but it crossed me mind to test it for a minute when I got nailed on the bike. Luckily my sense of self-preservation prevailed and I shut it off.

langb29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Indy Westside
    Yeah, watch out for solid dark gray mustangs as well, I see them a lot between Lebanon and 465 westside. And there's always a black charger undercover hanging out around Crown Point on I65. Getting more and more descrete too, tinted windows, no light bars, no spotlight. So, those mustangs must have to call for backup to detain someone I'm guessing? With a two-door...

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    they have more then just the blue one also.... basikly if its a mustang with stripes, i lean towards the speed limit untill the car passes...

if the mustangs didnt have the stripes the police departments would be on to something. that and removing the fog lights? (the inner set of big lights on the stang gt's)... that would get some more tickets for em :-/

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not all of the ISP Mustangs have stripes. In fact, I think only 2 are striped. There was a pic a while back of all the 'Stangs together and I'm pretty sure there were only 2 with stripes.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've seen solid Silver, Black, Blue and Red Mustangs and then a Blue with White stripes when I was traveling between Bloomington and Indy on a regular basis. I was told by a friend in the know that each county gets one and they have to produce so much revenue to keep it. I've seen them working "Wolf Packs" on 37 before.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    the article I saw in 07 said they got 5...

and if the ISP REALLY wanted to catch people off-guard they'd get a bunch of beat-up, rusted out camry's and then put a solid frame and an LS1 underneath them and wire them for lights.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    they dont even have to do that. if they want to get speeders, people doing stupid driving maneuvers or anything to that nature, they just need to hit 31 south on a friday/saturday night. they would have an unlimited supply of people to pull over and chase.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I can spot the Mustangs and Chargers a mile away but I know what to look for. Most of our motoring public don't see past their hoods. I have one of our gray patrol cars with a low-profile LED lightbar...many people don't even notice me and I'm fully marked. These replace the old Fox-body Mustangs and the Cameros they used to use.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I can spot the Mustangs and Chargers a mile away but I know what to look for. Most of our motoring public don't see past their hoods. I have one of our gray patrol cars with a low-profile LED lightbar...many people don't even notice me and I'm fully marked. These replace the old Fox-body Mustangs and the Cameros they used to use.
    state trooper?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    state trooper?
    Ohnoyoudidnt.gif

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Whether or not it's a "Shelby" Mustang is up for debate...

But the fact remains that there is indeed a Blue w/ white racing striped ISP Mustang that has the Cobra badge just behind the front wheel on the passenger side.

Perhaps just an add-on "fooler", a reverse sleeper perhaps.

But it exists, for I've seen it too.... All lit up.

-J-

Top Bottom