• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Since the pharmaceutical companies stand to lose their investments if certain medications are overused and therefore become ineffective they could come up with whatever system they choose to control the sale of those medications.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Was just reading about the CARERS act, Introduced by Cory Booker and co-sponsored by the likes of Rand Paul and Lindsey Graham.
    It should be a no brainer to pass but Chuck Grassley isn't going to allow the bill to be heard in committee, stating that:

I oppose moving marijuana from a Schedule I to a Schedule II drug, based on the current science on the risks and benefits…For children suffering from severe epileptic seizures, the anecdotal evidence says components of the marijuana plant might help. I want to help those children. The key is aggressive medical research.

The irony of course being that there legally can't be aggressive medical research as long as marijuana remains a schedule 1 drug.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/683
    https://www.leafly.com/news/headlines/it-may-be-the-end-for-the-carers-act

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    There needs to be a demonstrable, named victim for criminal or civil proceedings to begin. You are now right back in the realm of pre-crime.

If this is a real issue then pharmacies could work together in a voluntary system to accomplish something like this. It would probably be more effective than one run by the government and wouldn't trample on our liberties.
    Insurance companies would be a big one to help stop a lot of self-prescribing. At least for the more expensive drugs. People won't be quick to get a prescription if it is going to cost them a lot of money.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    phylodog said:
    Since the pharmaceutical companies stand to lose their investments if certain medications are overused and therefore become ineffective they could come up with whatever system they choose to control the sale of those medications.

There we go. Free market at work.

KLB said:
    Insurance companies would be a big one to help stop a lot of self-prescribing. At least for the more expensive drugs. People won't be quick to get a prescription if it is going to cost them a lot of money.

Also a good solution.

Everybody needs to stop assuming that the world will just fall to pieces in the absence of big government. There is high demand for product safety. There is high demand for product quality. The free market can supply both of those things better than the government can.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Say what one will about Kirk but, he shore 'nuff knows how to get a thread going and get folks posting and talking....I have been perusing this thread for an hour and I have flip flopped 11 times....

Good arguments pro and con all around INGO....We poke fun at ourselves but by golly it's threads like these that make the internet a fun place to hang around...

Top Bottom